PDA

View Full Version : lsr or laeger

gsxr68
12-29-2005, 07:55 PM
with both set-up the same (ie shocks motor etc) is a lsr chassis with long travel and no link or a laeger t-pin with 500 link better for mx. The lsr bike is all lsr and the laeger bike is all laeger. Take into account that the laeger is 1000 dollars more. Wanting to pick up one or the other this weekend PLEASE GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS.

TheFontMaster
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Deffinatley go with Laeger. The T-pin front end is the best handling front end on the market. As for the rear end, it's a toss up, both are great, but the cr500 link handles jumps better, and the no link is better for whoops. Both LRS and Laeger are top of the line companys and make good reliable parts, so you will be happy with ether one you choose.

Teufel
12-29-2005, 08:07 PM
I have owned both and they are both awesome Chasiss's. One big difference is that the laeger is a narrower chasiss and has a narrow pivot point at the arms. This has it's pros and cons my advice would be to ride both and see which one feels the best. I will warn you that the Laeger t-pin is expensive to rebuild and like all things it will wear out. Personally I feel that the stock spindles are a great value and are very durable. For what it's worth that's my opinion. I am sure you will be happy with either one.

:cool:

doc-bones
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Laeger hands down better than LSR! Cr500 is better than no-link. If laeger is a narrow front end, even better yet!!

12-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Doc bones is right on in my opinion. Tpin , cr500 link best set up money can buy for mx. Lonestar frame has stock pivot points as mentioned above.

doc-bones
12-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Actually my T-pins were from 1996 never rebuilt. Ridden very hard, pretty much bullet proof.

hondardr4life
12-30-2005, 08:50 AM
def. go with the lagear, its much better.

JTRtrx250r
12-31-2005, 12:12 AM
I'd almost kill to own a full Laeger!:D

BLACKeR
12-31-2005, 06:33 AM
i agree with the guy who said ride them both, and see which one you like the best. the T-pins are expencive to replace. not knocking doc bones, but i dont think theres anything on a bike that would last close to ten years without any rebuild. i would expect a T-pin spindle set to wear as quickly as any other non ball joint front end. i have heard some people complain that the narrow frames dive too much in corners. but i suspect thats a suspention issue, not the frame. try them both out! pro trax is the best front end though.

brokenbones
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
well this is just my 2 cents i owned a laeger 500 link with t pin it was great but the 500 link was great at jumping but about the same as stock through the bumps i think also my t pin was from 97 and i did rebuild it several times thanks from the help of mark baldwin
i bought an lsr no link set it up with elkas put the tpin on the front end from the other bike and i think this is an excellent set up i have heard i would has bump steer with my std width frame and +3 front end with 3x2 offset but the t pin set up with gpr on top and pep on bottom for stabilizers can take any thing i can put to it and the no link sucks up those bumps and has no expensive linkage back there to maintain

hontrx265r
12-31-2005, 06:30 PM
I might as well throw my two cents in also. Hands down the tpin is the best frontend money can buy, expecially with a narrow frame it turns so sharp and bump steer is minimal. I think most of us agree on that. The tpin may be expensive to buy and rebuild but I think, in the long run a tpin lasts longer between rebuilds then a conventional ball joint front end. So dollars per time, is probably equal or less then anything else. Now as for the cr500 link I think they are fantastic for jumping, however my elka lonestar no link is as good at jumping and way better through the choppy stuff. I had a full laegers bike (shane hitts) I thought that I would be happier with it then my current setup, with in five rides I was practically begging for my elka/ no link back. I also prefer the fourstoke yz hybrid over the lrd powervalve. If your choosing between two bikes ( I would take the laegers bike simply for the front end ) As for the rear cr500 at one point laegers made a no link that bolted to that upper shock mount with a different swingarm that had the off center mount if you can find that you can have both setups on the same bike and you can't do that with a no link only chassis. Keep in mind I'm not knocking a cr500 link its still phenominal compared to any other bike out there. Just preference. Good luck!

nacs400ex
01-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Laeger without a doubt. Regardless of the price, it will outperform the LSR chassis any day.

hardkoratvmxr
01-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Laegar hands down without a doubt