PDA

View Full Version : I ordered the elkas today. I got a couple of questions

raptor199
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I finally decided to get out my wallet and order some elkas and now its empty. I ordered the elka sport and racing series that have piggyback resevoir and are compression adjustable and preload adjustable. Just wondering if anyone else had the same shocks and how they performed.
thanks

huffdaddy_400EX
12-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Awesome shocks.

Did you just get the fronts? If so, you'll need to either rebuild your rear shock or purchase a new one to balance out the setup.

12-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by raptor199
I finally decided to get out my wallet and order some elkas and now its empty. I ordered the elka sport and racing series that have piggyback resevoir and are compression adjustable and preload adjustable. Just wondering if anyone else had the same shocks and how they performed.
thanks

o man, this is the best setup out there, you gotta love the it! the no preload setup helps a ton in corners and off jumps, and it most definantly adds smoothness and speed :macho

12-30-2005, 10:17 PM
o man, this is the best setup out there, you gotta love the it! the no preload setup helps a ton in corners and off jumps, and it most definantly adds smoothness and speed :macho

(sorry if i posted this 2 times, exriders is messed up)

one450r32
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
hey elka shocks are good thats what i have but the best shock out there is not elka its pep elka trying to find out how they do their shocks so they can copy it. all around elka and pep are good but if you are going to go pro i would get pep they ride nice when you go slow and fast. Elka if you go slow they beat the Shi$ out of you

fasterthanyouex
01-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by one450r32
Elka if you go slow they beat the Shi$ out of you

i agree with you..my elka seems really nice and smooth at higher speeds..but when i slow it down they dont seem as great .tho i dont have as manny adj with just elka rec's. but your elka will be and awesome improvement

atvracer980
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Long travel is the only way to go !!!!!

nickmell#8
01-08-2006, 06:42 PM
my elka are too for my weight but i like em
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/nickmell/P1010002.jpg