PDA

View Full Version : Ben W.

Pappy
12-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Frame arrived tonight. Its getting late and I did not know what time I could call, I would not want to get the wife ticked:p

ranger400ex
01-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow...and UPS didn't crack it in half for me...what a suprise!!:D

Can't wait to see it, be sure to take a before and after pic...she is gonna be smokin:)

Call anytime...work put me on 24hr call 4 yrs ago...wifey is used to it by now.

We still going with mirror gloss black frame and chrome look sub?

Laeger will have the a-arms here this week..so I can send them out.

BMW

Pappy
01-01-2006, 07:46 PM
yep, color scheme sounds fine.

ranger400ex
01-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Pappy!!

Hows the frame coming...any pics??:D :D

Pappy
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
FRAME IS AT THE STRIPPERS!

wish i was too:D

ranger400ex
01-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Your telling me!

Them strippers have their way with the frame yet?:p

Pappy
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
i expect it back mid week. im actually looking really good now (hush people it was figurative speech:blah: )

i did 6 today, leaving me with 4 at the strippers, one of which is yours. this week will be hectick because the ol' lady said ta hell with it and found a new job:huh so if all else fails saturday will be hump day until they finally get my new oven here and installed and wired and blah blah blah:p

i do remember the color tho, hot pearl pink with rasberry sparkles:devil:

oh, and i had a cool tool made to remove the stem bushings on the yamahammer. water jets are so cool:D

ranger400ex
01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
If you can get it done and shipped before the end of week...I should still be alright. This build is gonna be some serious crunch time.:devil:

BTW...you got the colors all wrong, it is titty-nipple pink with its-a-baby blue sparkles!!! Tough guy colors.:p

See...I helped you get a new tool....um...that doesn't sound quite right.:ermm:

Pappy
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
whats your deadline? and have you shipped those arms yet?

ranger400ex
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
A-Arms finally made it in, and are on the way to GT Thunder..he is gonna take some custom shock measurements, and then drop ship them to you, Popo is getting the top set and tierods for chrome. You only have to shoot the 2 bottoms. I will call ya as soon as they should arrive, before the end of the week.

I was hoping to start bolting her back together this next weekend, the front end will be last. Everything is here except shocks, brakelines, rotors, and bars. If I can get the motor, electrical and majors back in the frame ASAP, the other stuff will go easy.

Just keep in touch, and I can plan it out. It has to be completely together,and running by Feb 2nd

Pappy
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
feb 2nd:p

hell we are getting bikes together in a night to race the next day:D

ofcourse they dont need all them bolts and nuts:chinese: :blah:

ranger400ex
01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't wanna be a Bradley300... this fat ***** needs all the bolts intact..haha:D

ranger400ex
01-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I hope the stripper got the frame done...or you took it back today.
If not, I need his addy and time of presence...someone is gonna get a woopin!!!:D We still on to finish sat?

John from Kenda wanted to make sure I am still on for the shoot...I think I took precedence over Joe Byrd this year. haha

Pappy
01-12-2006, 06:31 PM
i havent heard anything today, but will be calling tomarow morning to set up my schedule for saturday.

ranger400ex
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Thats not a good thing. :(

FYI....

I have 2 more frames for you...but these gotta fly...or we might need to leave them stock.

Can you make it happen?
05 450R going to Indy show for Meek
and 06 YFZ frame again....for show also.

I can have you frames by Tuesday morning.

BTW...you need a new stripper. :p

BMW

Pappy
01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
no doubt, made some calls today about getting a better set up here for larger items. i really did not want that hassle or mess, but i dont see much of a choice.

i need dates,

when will it be shipped, when is it needed back.

Pappy
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

i need dates,

ben, i meant that as i need the dates Meeks frame would be here and when he need it back by etc, i had a vision of you sending me a hooker:chinese:

ranger400ex
01-12-2006, 08:08 PM
well...I know this one girl from college...more like "free" than hooker..but she was mighty fine!!:D

seriously though...Meek's I will package it all up like mine this weekend, and send it out. You should have it tue, wed morning latest. He needs it back before the end of the month..which will leave him a week to build it.
(PS If he gets his frame back first...you and Meek are both getting a woopin...his deadline is WAY longer than mine. haha)

The second 06 YFZ I have a chance to build, and have to give a yeah or neah to the project by this weekend. If MY frame is gonna get back early next week, then I will accept building GX's. We need to see if mine is done sat, if so...you will get the second YFZ frame too. I don't want to sell myself short, and not complete my build and a paid build...that would be a double whammy.

I recommend ya for Meeks and "GX's" so keep up the good work!!

We can be real "close" the next few days:eek:

Pappy
01-12-2006, 08:11 PM
let me know what color meek wants also, i have to order powder.

and ive learned that it is always a time crunch. it just amazes me that the guy who sends stuff here last, and says he is in no rush seems to get done first:eek2: when i figure that out ill be a step ahead:D

ranger400ex
01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Time crunch was last weekend....this point forward is no return for me. I got so many boxes it looks like christmas...and no place to put em yet:D And if one place doesn't get me a real track# by tomorrow he will see his competition on the quad at the show, and a visa charge declined. Backorder for 2 months is complete $hit, espcially when they said it would ship in less than 2 weeks. I wonder how some companies make it in this industry. kinda like some of the stuff we talked about last week. Don't BS me, tell me the truth.

Next time tell your buddy to take his time, maybe that will help...maybe not

Meek was doing a solid color, he got his Maier today, so I will get you the color first thing tomorrow.
maybe He wants rimjob-brown.:eek:

Working 7:30 to almost 9:15 every day, and saturdays now...is the biggest time killer

Pappy
01-13-2006, 08:34 AM
frame will be shot saturday, its back and she is ready for me:D

ranger400ex
01-13-2006, 12:54 PM
for a friday the 13th....things actually are going a bit better.

That is awesome news, I was a bit worried. Don't make the fat kid fret...kinda like taking my food. haha

Finally got my other stuff shipped today...so the sun is a bit brighter.

:D

Get some good pics of that POS...and I need your logo so I can give you props in Indy on the graphics and on the web!!

Pappy
01-14-2006, 05:26 PM

ranger400ex
01-14-2006, 08:07 PM
NICE NICE NICE!!!! wohoo!!!

what about the subframe? howd it turn out?

BMW:D

Jason got his stuff cleared up, and I have his frame and subrame, they ship monday first thing.

he wants the prism black...

Pappy
01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
i have to add clear to your sub frame on monday, damn gun stopped working:mad:

ok on meek, fairy dust it is!:chinese:

ranger400ex
01-15-2006, 06:59 AM
that'll work. you shipping it out tuesday then?

He is quite the fairy....

Pappy
01-15-2006, 07:03 AM
yep i will wrap the frame today, but i have to grab a new roll of shrink wrap from work on monday so it will all go on tuesday.

i will be ordering meeks powder today also.

any word on them arms? i gotta have them arms! deadlines comin'!:devil: (felt good to pressure someone else :blah: )

ranger400ex
01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I will put the pressure back on you. They are already on the way!!:D

btw...
you did super mirror black from columbia with high gloss clear on top of the frame right? I have both colors and some small parts to due, I plan to do in the garage. Just wanted to make sure we are using the same colors so they should match.:D

Pappy
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
i dont buy much from columbia anymore, but we use the same supplier so yes, those colors will match.

ranger400ex
01-15-2006, 08:43 PM
sounds good....thanks for the info.

BMW

Pappy
01-16-2006, 06:20 PM
ben, sorry i missed your call, i was with customers. i did get the message of a possible color change to the arms. no worries, i havent recieved them yet so just post what you want so i know what color to do them

ranger400ex
01-16-2006, 07:21 PM
give me a ring when you see this...i am gonna be out in the garage for quite a while. Got a few things to tell you about..save my fingers. haha

BMW

ranger400ex
01-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey Pappy,
One more thing....

Be sure to put my stem bearing, the stem bearing retainer nut, and subframe bolts in that package...if not I can't put her back together.:D

thanks,
BMW

Pappy
01-17-2006, 03:58 PM
i already reinstalled the stem bearing nut and seals, i wasnt sure if you had a tool to do it

ranger400ex
01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
nice nice nice!!!

can't wait to start bolting her together on friday..pics to follow!!

BMW

popo
01-20-2006, 05:53 AM
Pappy, don't ship it don't ship it. Make him sweat.

That boy is worse than a flushing toliet trying to make his mind up.

That SOB is getting a kik in the nuts when I see him, maybe two kiks.

ranger400ex
01-20-2006, 11:20 AM
If someone hadn't started copying my idea...and I had to start mostly over from square one..then it would all be a different story. :D Luckily everyone was okay with the midstream changes. My sponsors are helping me a ton...and I do as they say, that's how it works.

BTW...Pappy...I got the frame today.. LOOKS AWESOME!! Pics of the buildup will be posted this weekend.

thanks
BMW

Pappy
01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
glad to hear it arrived ok. even more happy ya like it.

NOW WHERE ARE THE A ARMS!

popo
01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
If someone hadn't started copying my idea...and I had to start mostly over from square one..then it would all be a different story. :D Luckily everyone was okay with the midstream changes. My sponsors are helping me a ton...and I do as they say, that's how it works.

BTW...Pappy...I got the frame today.. LOOKS AWESOME!! Pics of the buildup will be posted this weekend.

thanks
BMW

Kiss my butt copy you..

I AM THE MASTER OF BUILDING BLING BLING quads and you will obey my rules ROOKIE. :devil:

Pappy
01-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms Where are the arms Where are the arms Where are theWhere are the arms arms Where are the arms Where are the armsWhere are the arms

damn, bugging people is fun:devil:

ranger400ex
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
as Popo stated...problems..I will call you in a second...stand by your phone. :(

And Popo...I learned from you...and now you will learn from me...haha:devil:

popo
01-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
as Popo stated...problems..I will call you in a second...stand by your phone. :(

And Popo...I learned from you...and now you will learn from me...haha:devil:

If I learn from you I'll never stop talking.