PDA

View Full Version : Predator 90

Ty1on
12-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Can any one point me in the right direction. I have been working on a 2004 Pred 90 that starts easily, idles great amd that takes off at the line great. But once at 3/4 throttle it starts to cut out. I've changed the plug, cleaned the stator, cleaned the carb, and checked all the electrical connections. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Sjorge450R
12-29-2005, 06:54 PM
we had the same problem with mine when i raced one. Either you have too many mods and you are draining the bowl of the carb, which in return means that you need to get a bigger carb. Or you have a stock quad and with your elevation your quad needs more gas so change the main jet up one size.

predator dad
12-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Have you replaced the stock CDI box with a no rev limit one? My 05 did the same thing til I replaced the CDI.

Ty1on
12-30-2005, 05:34 AM
It has a no rev CDI and a 24mm carb with a pipe, ported and polished carbon fiber reeds. The quad has been modified for 3 months and has been running fine. Until last weekend it started the symptoms I mentioned above and the weather conditions have not changed. How do I know if the reeds are causing this?

jdwxv3
12-30-2005, 05:45 AM
My bro races one and we can not find parts for it anywhere. Where do you all find aftermarket parts? Thanks

400ex4ever
12-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Ty1on
It has a no rev CDI and a 24mm carb with a pipe, ported and polished carbon fiber reeds. The quad has been modified for 3 months and has been running fine. Until last weekend it started the symptoms I mentioned above and the weather conditions have not changed. How do I know if the reeds are causing this?

What size is your piston/jug set up. If you are bigger then 52mm, then your port timeing is probably off a litle and you will need to adjust it. You do this buy drill out the Stator plate a little to allow you to turn it Countclockwise if you are looking directly at it. You dont want to do it to much because it will lean it out burning a hole in the piston. I would only use this as your last resort.

I had a similar issue but it was an electrical/CDI problem. One of my wires was not seated all the way and it had no top end also. Have you tried throwing your stock CDI back on to see what happens?

Good luck and keep us posted....

400ex4ever
12-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
My bro races one and we can not find parts for it anywhere. Where do you all find aftermarket parts? Thanks

This is two of the top mini sites around.

WRH Racing (http://www.wrhracing.net)

Hetrick Racing (http://www.hetrickracing.com)

newnick
12-30-2005, 06:58 AM
You said it's been running fine for three months. My boy's Eton, modded the same way had a intermitant problem that sounds the same as yours, it was a loose connection at the coil. You said you checked that though. If you suspect the reeds, why not just pull the cage out and look at them. If you removed the reed stops when you built the motor, the reeds could be the problem.