PDA

View Full Version : minimal ticking

hondamanforlife
12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
yesterday when i was taking the oil filter cover off, the long bolt on the right side snaped off in the engine, so i called belleville honda, and he said i should take off my whole clutch cover and see if the bolt was visible, and could be taken out with a vise grip, luckily it was. so i took care of that and got it all put back together. i put just a little more that 1.8 quarts in it, and took it home from my buddies house. this morning i went out there and started it up and let it run for 3 or 4 minutes, then checked the oil, and it read that i had almost no oil. so i gathered the remaining quarts of oil that i had used before, and put that in and it reads that i have enough in. but my question is, when i started it up the first time, it ticked a little, is that because of when i took my clutch cover and the cables apart that i lost a little bit more oil.

exrider008
12-29-2005, 04:40 PM
they will all do it when u change the oil because when u drain the oil it take a second to get flowing again just let it idle for a few min, then go ride it around ur front yard for a few min then let it sit for a min and check ur oil.

but if it is still ticking then i would call ur dealer and see what they say

good luck

zlam27
12-29-2005, 04:41 PM
a little ticking is normal, nothing to worry about.

make sure to warm it up really good before worrying about the oil level. it will usually read really low after its been sitting for a while but after warming it up it will give a more accurate reading.