PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a few new mods

adinocr7
12-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I've had my KFX400 out a few times now on the trails. The only mod it has is a Yoshi' RS3 Comp exhaust and has been jetted to spec. I am impressed with the difference over stock. Way more low end torque, and it'll pull the front wheels right over backwards if you stay on the gas in 2nd gear.

I was thinking of dropping in a set of Hot cams along with a rev box as well. Would this be worth the money? Or should I leave well enough alone? If you guys have any other suggestions as far as mods and/or what I've mentioned above (I've got around $300 - $400 I can throw into it right now) any advice would be appreciated.

2004exrider
12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Airfilter and the Hotcams should wake it up quite a bit.

Jimmy

bwamos
12-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Agree. Stage 1 drop in cam and filter.

adinocr7
12-31-2005, 08:54 AM
BWAMOS and 2004EXRIDER:

Just want to say thanks for the advice. Is there anything special I need to do to upon install? I ran across a camshaft tuning kit. It was around $180.00 Not sure if that is something that is worth investing money in or if I can just dial everything in without it. Just want to make sure I don't cause any irreversible damage.

I also noticed there is an "intake" and "exhaust" cam. Do I need to purchase both or just one or the other?