PDA

View Full Version : Tires

wolffie
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
what tires is everyone using for their pred? Also, what terrain do y'all ride on!

TRX23rider
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
holeshot HDs they rock

Scro
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by TRX23rider
holeshot HDs they rock

I agree. They hook up extremely well.

drgnerth
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
My buddy put some hd's on his preddy and they grab like a mother.

wolffie
12-29-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah the HD's are sick. the only thing i am thinking, is that the preddy is already heavy. i wonder if the HD's will sacrifice some speed in exchange for good hook up....any input?

12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
in the woods traction is king;)

scramblerracer
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
I race Harescrambles wiith a 05 TLD. I ran Holeshot HDs last year. Loved the traction from the rears, the fronts are not as good as the stock I Razrs though. Also at a few of the races we had grass field sections. This is where I had some problems with the rear tires grabbing too well. I am back on Razr II for the upcoming season. Hope it helps. Josh

wolffie
12-30-2005, 10:52 AM
scrambler racer, i appreciate your input. so you say the HD's grabbed too well on the grassy sections? my friends run HD's and razr2's, so i am familiar with both. how do you think the HD's work on hard packed ground such as clay or an mx track. my main type of riding is on hardpacked clay, but i also ride on some cross country style courses. i know the HD's kick *** in the loose dirt and gncc style terrain, but how are they on hard packed surfaces? am i better off with Irazr, razr2, razr1, holeshots? i only need rear tires. thanks everyone!

scramblerracer
12-31-2005, 02:26 PM
The HDs bite too well when trying to slide in the grassy sections. They don't slide very well in my mind. The razr II are only a little better but I think that they are just as good in everything except the mud. I have had just as many flats with my HDs as I had with the stock Radial Razrs. If I was riding more on hard pack I would look into the regular Razrs. I always thought that they hooked up beter on the motocross sections than the Razr II plus they slide much better. Hope this helps. Josh

MAaudioX10
12-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
The HDs bite too well when trying to slide in the grassy sections. They don't slide very well in my mind. The razr II are only a little better but I think that they are just as good in everything except the mud. I have had just as many flats with my HDs as I had with the stock Radial Razrs. If I was riding more on hard pack I would look into the regular Razrs. I always thought that they hooked up beter on the motocross sections than the Razr II plus they slide much better. Hope this helps. Josh

Essentially, I run the original Maxxis Razrs, front and rear. On the Pred, they are a great all around tire. I am not talking about the POS RaZr "PR" tires that come stock on the Pred. It seems to me, the actually RAZR tires is a softer compound meaning better bite.

I've ran just about every tire there is on my Pred's and I always keep coming back to the RAZR's. The holeshot's, I find have great forward bite but, hinder the ability to slide, which is the Predator forte. Kenda Klaws allow it to slide but, don't seem to offer sufficient forward bite.

I find myself at home in the trails more than on the track but, I still like to maintain a balance for overall performance. The RAZR slide when I want to slide and, if you own a Pred than you understand that is how we steer, and they allow decent forward bite.

wolffie
12-31-2005, 05:30 PM
yeah man, i know how preds like to slide, lol. i appreciate your response. yeah i agree that the stock tires for the TLD are good for stockers, they blow nuts as compared to aftermarket tires. i will look into the Razr brands for my next purchase! thanks!