PDA

View Full Version : Sick Of My Kfx

NYKFXRIDER06
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
im 15 and work every day after school and on the weekends.i work to pay off my 05 kfx.i am fed up with it every time i want to do an upgrade or fix it sometheing breaks.one time i was changing the oil and the bolts that hold in the oil filter broke this ment i had to work extra to fix it.the taillight just fell off when i was riding becuase the stupid plastic fasteners broke. i bought new $74 dollar tires each and i snapped the stupid lugs.the front fender mounts broke when a rock hit them.i only can ride at night due to working and i think im gonna sell this peice of sh**.i like to power but it keeps sucking in my money.i just wanted to let you all know what i think of my kfx.

crazytank7
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Honda my boy Honda..Sounds like you have a problem over tightening bolts..:rolleyes: :D

NYKFXRIDER06
12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
i might overtighten them but everytime i ride it something elseand if theres on thing i wont do is ride a honda. hate them for life.i owned a 250x and the brakes failed and i hit a tree doing 40.i had to get 30 stiches around my elbow and i ripped tendants and nerves in my hand i had to have 3 surgeries.

huffdaddy_400EX
12-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Can I suggest a torque wrench?

Seriously, after riding do you just put it away or do you do any maintance? If you ride it hard and put it away wet you are asking for trouble.

I have a 400ex and a z400. Before and after every ride I do a thorough check of the quads. I check all the fluids, all the bolts, tire pressure, cables...everything.

Flynbryan19
12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Your right.......Its a piece of crap. You should just let me take it off your hands. My wife would love that "piece of sh**" you've got there. Stuff happens no matter what quad you ride. Learn to use loc-tite, lock washers, and a torque wrench. Be alittle easier on those bolts...... I went through the same thing when I was your age. Over time you'll learn how snug you can tighten stuff before its too much. Just be grateful that you have the oppertunity to have an 05' anything. I don't know too many kids your age with a brand new machine. I applaud you for working hard for what ya got, but you need to appreciate it.;)

YFZ450Ridr
12-29-2005, 12:48 PM
sounds like operator error to me. ive got an 03 and my dads got an 04 and i do all the maintenance on them and we both ride them for what thier worth and have had zero problems.

NYKFXRIDER06
12-29-2005, 12:56 PM
i appreciate it very much but i still get these problems i only ride it 1 or 2 a week and i spend a good 2 hours cleaning it.i am only making 6 dollars an hour helping a contractor,so when i nned money it takes a while to get it. i know people with kfxs tht beat the crap out of it and nothings wrong.i just sometimes wish i didnt buy it.i also need to learn not to get so mad about.

JP400ex
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by NYKFXRIDER06
i only ride it 1 or 2 a week and i spend a good 2 hours cleaning it.

Man,,, you better just get use to that. If you like to take care of your thing and make them last longer you HAVE to clean them. Try having kids with 4 wheelers. We have 5 quads total and it seems like every time we go riding i end up having to clean all the damn things. Garden hose in one hand, Coors Light in the other! :D

huffdaddy_400EX
12-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JP400ex
Garden hose in one hand, Coors Light in the other! :D

:cool: you know it!!!

Punk'd
12-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Sounds to me like you need a lucky rabbits foot for a keychain:)

Nick110
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
hey NYKFXRIDER06 where in NY is Greenville. N, S, E, W. im in Western NY

adinocr7
12-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Just got an 03' KFX400 about a month ago. I rail on it pretty hard . . . rough trails, hill climbs and never have a problem.

One thing I do is powerwash it just on rinse (for a good 5 - 10) minutes after "every" ride. I then spray some Tri-Flow on anthing and everything that moves (hinges, joints, ect . . . ) However if its 32F or below I would not recommend powerwashing it, otherwise things will tend to break.

My machine is the most reliable toy I've ever had, can't understand why yours is having so many issues. :confused:

HondaRider250
12-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by NYKFXRIDER06
i appreciate it very much but i still get these problems i only ride it 1 or 2 a week and i spend a good 2 hours cleaning it.i am only making 6 dollars an hour helping a contractor,so when i nned money it takes a while to get it. i know people with kfxs tht beat the crap out of it and nothings wrong.i just sometimes wish i didnt buy it.i also need to learn not to get so mad about.
lol im 15 too and i make minimum wage at an industrial plant working on machines all day. imagine having to pay off a kfx with that! i guess my job helps me with being able to work on stuff without messing anything up.

NYKFXRIDER06
12-31-2005, 12:58 PM
NICK110 Greenville is 30min south of albany near catskill

AceLtz
01-01-2006, 12:07 AM
You really think that stuff is becuase of the quad?? If your going to get into quads you have to learn that stuff breaks, deal with it. If you overtighten things, they snap. If you hit things with rocks, they break. Its amazing actually. Your tiny little problems you listed are really nothing. You overtightened the lugs and oil filter bolts so they snapped. if you had a service manual and knew the torque settings you would know how tight they should be. The rear tail light and the front fender bracket arent even a big deal. If you dont want anything to break, go putt it arounda parking lot.

01-01-2006, 02:57 AM
You really think that stuff is becuase of the quad?? If your going to get into quads you have to learn that stuff breaks, deal with it. If you overtighten things, they snap. If you hit things with rocks, they break. Its amazing actually. Your tiny little problems you listed are really nothing. You overtightened the lugs and oil filter bolts so they snapped. if you had a service manual and knew the torque settings you would know how tight they should be. The rear tail light and the front fender bracket arent even a big deal. If you dont want anything to break, go putt it arounda parking lot.

Right on bro!

gilbert z rider
01-01-2006, 07:20 PM
i was 13 had a 91 blaster i worked in tobbaco during the day and helped a roofer at night the bearings went then the bottom end 600$ then the gears 1100$ and the top end 400$ and this was with in 2 months and at the end i sold it for 1650 and now i have worked my way up to a 04 z 400 and i love it havent had any problems i no wat ur going threw