PDA

View Full Version : Kymco Mongoose Owners

mecheech
12-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Who here owns a Kymco Mongoose and what mods have U done or gonna do?
We have an 05 Mongoose 50 and it has been an awsome mini so far. Pretty much stock so far except I picked up the new clutch sleeve hub today. Looking at getting my son into flattrack and tt so I will probably widen it and get some new tires.

http://files.photojerk.com/cheech/sandyhill.jpg

Evana13
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
whre are you located. we race with some people who are sponsord by a kymco dealer. they have 70 kits pipes the whole nine yards. they have a arms elkas everything.

Melissa
01-02-2006, 09:09 PM
My friends son has a kymco 50, he is the 50cc tt champ.He had weisco build a piston that is 70cc and is legal for nationals.He told me that rath racing is building parts for kymco also rpm is makeing a axle.Any question on tt setup call rath racing he is very helpful and knows alot, and hes parts are top notch.
hope this helps,goodluck racing

mecheech
01-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanxs for the info, time to start putting some money into the mini, sounds kinda addicting.

bowtiedmax
01-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Hello,

The Kymcos are really a good machine. We have put the 90 and the 50 threw alot of racing and they hold up great. The person Melissa is talking about (I think it him??) has done alot of work on getting accesories made for the 50's and has gotten them to run awsome. His son proves it in the AMA National TT Series.
I have done just the same with the 90. So in about one years time (starting last spring),and with the help of Bud fischer (fischer cycle)have turned a Kymco 90 into a National level compeitve machine. Very soon we will have a bolt on dual a-arm kit that will use the 250 mongoose front spindles,brakes &hubs (or honda sport quad parts). Powroll has a big bore kit & cam avaliable. Very soon Fischer cycle will also have a big bore kit avalible. There is many other upgrades that I have in the works but will take alittle more time.
If you go to www.kymcousa.com and look at "racing news" you will see some of the factory riders (a few that are on this site). If you also look threw the pictures that are listed on the race page you will see some of the quads that are built. The blue one (page one of pictures) is the 90 (125cc) that finished 6th in the MX nationals last year. And we started from total scratch last year with no parts avalible but powroll bigbore and cam. The a-arms in the picture are prototypes so the new ones will be a little differant. There is also accesories and links to accesories on kymco's site.
:) :D