PDA

View Full Version : suspension for a 06

czrider263
12-28-2005, 09:28 PM
OK so it has come time for my 06 450r build up. i have come down to 3 a arm company's and 4 shock company's. i just want to know if anyone has run any of these. the 3 a arms i was thinking about are Walsh, laeger pro trax, and gibson. I have gibson on my 05 450 and they run nice so that has my vote but some people say they really like the walsh and laeger. the shocks i was thinking about are fox evol, piggy back axis with ti springs, PEP, and elka. agiain i have run elka and have nothing abad to say about them so any experance with other shocks. I am pretty sure no one has ridin on the fox evol yet so im not sure about those. plus some one told me the walsh swing arm and link is the hands down best for the 450 so if anyone has experance with those please respond. ANY FEEDBACK IS WELL APPERCIATED.

heres my 450 with gibson/elka
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/czrider263/MVC-016F.jpg

12-28-2005, 11:10 PM
you really cant go wrong with any of those a-arm companies, but as all will say, the T-pin setup is the best setup out there, as for suspension, id go with elka setup through GT Thunder for the best setup out there :macho

Ridin' Jesse
12-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Walsh PEP!

Walsh is a little pricey but their stuff is great.

PEP is the best shock IMO. Ive ridden elka, axis, and PEP, and i like the feel of PEP the best.

MAD450r
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
You say you rode on all those shocks, but which one was setup for you? Were they all setup to your weight and riding style. That makes a huge difference. I rode on a freinds cannondale that has elka elites on the front and I thought my standard travel on my 416 were better. I weigh about 70lbs less than the guy on the dale does.

I also rode on a friends predatro with elka elites his are only setup for 25lbs heavier and more of my riding style. I liked them alot better, but still think my standard travel was better since they were totally setup for me.

I am a very small and light guy so that could be part of it.

trx450Rrider
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
well it was kind of the part of it but honestly there isnt much of a difference between standard and lt. you dont gain travel you just gain more adjustability making it easier to dial them in but if you find someone who can set up your standard travel shocks good enough they can be better than lt

FHKracingZ
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
^^^ get with it buddy.... LT offers plushness along with bottom resistance. You ride HARD MX with Standard travel for along time and u will pay for it.

12-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
^^^ get with it buddy.... LT offers plushness along with bottom resistance. You ride HARD MX with Standard travel for along time and u will pay for it.

LT is better for mx, you not only get these things, but you also get more drop, which is almost a neccesity for MX racing

as for XC, its not really neccessary unless you dont have to pay much for it, you would be better of getting your stand travels redone then spending the extra money on a LT setup (my opinion)

desratt
12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
the laeger t-pin is the absolute best

trx450Rrider
12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
i ride with people that have fully decked out walsh yfzs and 450rs and most of them have long travel and well i didnt even have a front end and i kept up with them and beat most of them. i havent payed for it yet

250xridamatt
12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
^^^^ that is where it comes down to the rider. You could put me on John Natalies 450r, and put him on a stock 400ex, and Im sure he would absolutely kick my butt.

trx450Rrider
12-29-2005, 09:41 PM
haha i just think that if your not an a class or pro am rider you dont really need to waste that money where he could buy something else. yeah if you have the money go for lt

Hawk III
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by desratt

wanna_be_ridn
12-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by desratt

I have ridden desratt's quad, hes running works suspension and i liked it better then anything i have ever ridden