PDA

View Full Version : new hotcam st 2

sc400ex_rider
12-28-2005, 08:33 PM
hi did any one get the new hotcam st 2 yet any feedback on it? it specs close to the hrc and i hope it runs just as well for less $$$$ thx

hawaiiansupaman
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
i just put in the new stage II but i couldnt tell you the diff cause i also put a 416 kit in at the same time ...but ill tell you the 416 with the cam kicks @$$!

oafen racing
12-29-2005, 07:33 PM
I have a 1999 400ex with a 426 big bore kit.. everything done to it i went with the stage 2 hot cam and i really regret it. I have been through 3 one way starter clutches (stock ones) because my cam is way to big for that motor just give it awhile and you will start blowing them out. I cant find an aftermarket one way clutch yet if anyone knows of anywhere pm me. :confused:

hawaiiansupaman
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by oafen racing
I have a 1999 400ex with a 426 big bore kit.. everything done to it i went with the stage 2 hot cam and i really regret it. I have been through 3 one way starter clutches (stock ones) because my cam is way to big for that motor just give it awhile and you will start blowing them out. I cant find an aftermarket one way clutch yet if anyone knows of anywhere pm me. :confused:

has this happened to anyone else with the new stage II hotcam.

okieRrider
12-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Why would you be going through starter clutches with the cam??? Seems like that would be more of a high compression issue...Chris

trx400exxracer
12-29-2005, 10:26 PM
how is the hrc cam:cool:

oafen racing
12-30-2005, 03:34 AM
Its the kickback from the motor because that cam is so damn big when the engine kicks back it just wears that one way clutch really bad and after a full race season it decides to self destruct.

underpowered
12-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Its the kickback from the motor because that cam is so damn big when the engine kicks back it just wears that one way clutch really bad and after a full race season it decides to self destruct.

once again, it is not becasue of the cam, it is the compression you are running. whne you kill you engine, dont do it at an idle or turn up your idle a little to keep it from kicking back. that is how you save your started clutch on high comp engines and pretty much all raptors.

blakefoote
12-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
hi did any one get the new hotcam st 2 yet any feedback on it? it specs close to the hrc and i hope it runs just as well for less $$$$ thx

well i bored my 400ex to a 406ex and put that cam in it and a 11:1 compression piston and HMF full exhaust and no lid on the air box and a K&N air filter...and WOW!!!! that thing rips now!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

sc400ex_rider
12-30-2005, 09:30 AM
THE HRC CAM is the baddest cam it just cost like 300 at discount and the xr only hrc copy cam is 180 but i can get the new 2 on ebay for 114 + ship. i got a stock 02 and i dont need the fastest thing on the planet i just like to rip it up. the old hot cam 1 was all bottom and the old2 were all top and the hrc was stg 1 bottom with stg 2 top and the new 2 specs are very close. need a dyno test HOTCAMS

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
once again, it is not becasue of the cam, it is the compression you are running. whne you kill you engine, dont do it at an idle or turn up your idle a little to keep it from kicking back. that is how you save your started clutch on high comp engines and pretty much all raptors.

That is correct the hot cam has nothing to do with your starter problems. Your timing is off or there are other issues but the cam when installed properly will not cause kick back

400exrider707
12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Its the kickback from the motor because that cam is so damn big when the engine kicks back it just wears that one way clutch really bad and after a full race season it decides to self destruct. '

Are you talking about the new or old stage 2? How is it "so big" by big I assume you mean aggressive? There are quite a few more aggressive cams out there.