PDA

View Full Version : Question about OR. Dunefest?

deepcj7
07-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Does anybody know what is the closes campground to the main facilities of the Dunefest? I don't want to be to far away from everything. Thanks for your help.

FullBore52
07-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Discovery Point...but beware, it really is NOT very nice...

airheadedduner
07-06-2002, 11:11 PM
I might not even bother with dunefest. I heard they are going to cancel the MX event AGAIN. I wanted to enter.

mopar 400
07-08-2002, 10:46 AM
They may have cancelledthe MX race, but there is going to be plenty of other things to do.. I am gonna be there friday through sunday. Stayin at Winchester Bay Inn. Can't wait. Hope to see you guys there....

out4sand
07-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Like Mopar 400 said there won't be an MX event this year but they are having a lot of other events then just drags. I know they are having some sort of a poker run and also a few different relays. It still should be a blast, if you can make it I would sure say give it a go.

www.out4sand.com

400EXManiac
07-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I was going to head to Dunefest until I found out that it costs $60 to camp on the sand, in addition to $25 for entry to the events.

What a rip-off. I understand the need for the organizers to pay for security, cleanup, marketing, etc, but they're asking for way too much in my opinion.

Instead, I'll be camping for free on the sand in Florence, and driving down to Dunefest just to check out the booths, etc.

See everyone there that's going!

BigDon
07-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Anyone still needing informaiton on camping on the sand at the events can contact:

Reedsport Chamber
541-271-3495 Ask for Shiyna

You are required to get a $60 sand camping permit (covers the entire time) to camp near the area. They've broken it down into AREAS of A, B, C, & D. Camping Area B & D are closest to the racing / events. (Of course I'm registered for area B as BIGDON starts with B :) ) They are only allowing for so many permits, so they may all be used up.

Someone told me but I have not confirmed that there is camping on a first come fist served at Salmon Harbor Marina / RV Resport 541-271-3407.

I have NOT been to a Dune/Sand Fest, but I'm looking forward to watching all the crazies :)

BigDon

ThorChick
07-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Dunefest is a rip off this year. We wee al set to go and had a huge group planing to camp together until we foun out how insane the fees are this year. We'll be right there wth ya 400EXManiac at Florence. We plan on making mini-Dunefest out there. Anyone who's up to it is more than welcome to join us.....oh, and the best thing, drag racing without any entry fees!

Hope to see you all there!!!

CBW
07-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Well i went in 2000,,,yeah all the way from colorado. Wish i had the time to return. We staye a couple of nights at Discovery point,,,man that bell in the harbor sure put me to sleep after a while,,,,and discovery is not real nice,,,,but at least it is just around the corner from the dunes so no trailering. Then we stayed at the salmon harbor marina the rest of the time and rode the road to the dunes,,,,,well i had fun just playing in the sand. So when everybody goes,,,,,remember me........

wish i could have been on this forum before i went last time....:(

have fun everybody.........

Just my two cents....................