PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Divorce Question!!!

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok here it goes,in 1999 my parents got divorced. So my mom and sister live in my parents house and I live with my dad in his house. But here's the thing, In the divorce papers it says that when my sister graduates high shool or turns 18 (which ever comes first) that my mom has to sell the house and split the profit with my dad. The divorce papers are all agreed on and signed my both my parents and a judge. Well now my sister has turned 18, and guess what, my mom is sueing my dad for the house so he won't get any profit from it. My question is do you think that she will win the case? Any comments on this will be appreciated! Thanks.

300ex_#387
12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Well if they both signed the papers it would pretty much be a contract. If she does win that a load of crap....

hardkoratvmxr
12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
she probably wont win if your dad fights her since they signed legally binding papers

ZeroLogic
12-28-2005, 03:43 PM
she sign the almighty papers so the chances of her winning are slim to none

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
I hope she don't win, If she does this be bull$hit!:mad:

Derag2
12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
I say the judge does an apprasle on the house and makes your mom pay your dad half if she wants to keep the house........... But legally i'd say shes gonna lose since she agreed on the paper, but crazy stuff has happened in divorce agreements before...

AtvMxRider
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
I hope she don't win, If she does this be bull$hit!:mad:

Why would you want your Mom to lose her house?:confused:

dirtmomma
12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Why would you want your Mom to lose her house?:confused:
Dang thats what I was just sitting here wondering, someone sounds bitter!!

4punksdad
12-28-2005, 04:50 PM
its cheaper to keep her

huffdaddy_400EX
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
If they both agreed to it and it was signed off by the judge then it is legally binding. I am not sure what you mean by "sueing". If she wants to change the judgement she would have to go back to family court and appeal the ruling. Unless your father owes family support or alimony there is not a lot she can do here. If she does not pay as promised your father could ask for a "hearing to show cause" to have a judge review the case and to see why she is not abiding by the ruling.

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma

Trust me, If you knew the whole story you would be bitter too! My mom has kicked me out of the house at 16 years old, And has sent my dad to jail for something that he didn't even do! And thats only a little bit of what she has done!

ridered11
12-28-2005, 05:06 PM
so his dad can't get it

i'm going through the same shi*t

AtvMxRider
12-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Trust me, If you knew the whole story you would be bitter too! My mom has kicked me out of the house at 16 years old, And has sent my dad to jail for something that he didn't even do! And thats only a little bit of what she has done!

And thats any reason to kick her out of her home? Why did she kick you out? For no reason?

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 05:09 PM
And thats any reason to kick her out of her home? Why did she kick you out? For no reason?

Were not kicking her out she agreed to move out! But she won't give my dad half of the profit cause he own half the house! And yes, she kicked me out for no reason!

Pappy
12-28-2005, 05:12 PM
i told my wife and her father right before our wedding that there would never be a divorce.....

might be a bad accident, but never a divorce:p

dirtmomma
12-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i told my wife and her father right before our wedding that there would never be a divorce.....

HAHA thats what I told my husband too :p I lived thru 6 of them :eek2: w/ my MOm so I WAITED to get married till I was in my 30's so I knew I got it right!!!

knighttime
12-28-2005, 05:16 PM

well sometimes people have a reason to be bitter, lol

give the kid some slack, sounds like his mom is not that great

AtvMxRider
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM

I swear officer I didn't know it was loaded:devil:

ZeroLogic
12-28-2005, 05:37 PM
I swear officer I didn't know it was loaded:devil:

haha

12-28-2005, 06:34 PM
When my mom says to my dad you will owe me 100 grand if we ever get divorced and he just says '' HA all i have to do is use a 5cent bullet''

sly400ex
12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
its cheaper to keep her

That's what I live by!:o

jab300ex
12-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Pappy's post was the best.

But if she does win she has a very good lawyer.

stiffy
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
They will probably make her buy your dad out if she want's to keep the house that's what my parents did. But if it where here in Utah she would probably win this state is in love with women lucky for me I guess but that's messed up.

I HATE UTAH!!

Rich250RRacer
12-28-2005, 07:55 PM
All women are, by nature, evil spawns of Satan. :devil: We know it but we still want them, they have the power. If it wasn't for the thing between their legs (you know what I WANT to say here:D ) there would be a bounty on them!

400grl
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Unless there are other circumstances you haven't told us about, the agreement your mom and dad signed and the judge signed should l be binding, unless your mom can come up with a really good reason why the court should remand the previous agreement. Buying your dad out would be the smart thing to do on her part - if she could buy him out at what the house was worth at the time of the divorce.

These things get ugly....I'm dealing with a child custody issue and a deadbeat dad right now.....the property division crap was over years ago........we go to court on the 3rd of Jan - oh yay.

And I cringe whenever I read you guys joking about the 5 cent bullet - my ex said he'd kill me before he let me divorce him. Well.....we are divorced, and I'm still here, so I guess he was more bark than bite......but it still makes me cringe to hear you guys say stuff like that........:(

jab300ex
12-28-2005, 08:20 PM

All women are, by nature, evil spawns of Satan. We know it but we still want them, they have the power. If it wasn't for the thing between their legs (you know what I WANT to say here ) there would be a bounty on them!

Except the girls on this site.:)

400grl we are glad you are around.
That is no way to treat a girl.
If you have a husband/boyfriend that treats you like that Get Out!!

MAaudioX10
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Is she even wanting to keep the house? Or, is she just wanting to keep all the profit to herself??

Either way, a contract is a contract. Seems to me, the only way out of that contract, against your fathers wishes, is to prove that she was forced to sign that document.

I've never been married so, therefore, never been divorced so not too sure on what the proceedings would be when signing a document like that. I would think there would be a witness.

SGA
12-28-2005, 09:15 PM
DO keep us posted on what happens!

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SGA
DO keep us posted on what happens!
Oh I will, I just want to thank all of you for your time and comments!

400grl
12-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Aw, thanks! And don't worry - I GOT out! ;) And now I'm married to someone who treats me like a precious commodity on daily basis...........!!! It's amazing!

Yeah....let us know how it turns out - this court stuff is always interesting.....

Honda TRX250ex
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
i highy dout she will win, and if she does well thats bullchit, lol

Bound4Dirt
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok here it goes,in 1999 my parents got divorced. So my mom and sister live in my parents house and I live with my dad in his house. But here's the thing, In the divorce papers it says that when my sister graduates high shool or turns 18 (which ever comes first) that my mom has to sell the house and split the profit with my dad. The divorce papers are all agreed on and signed my both my parents and a judge. Well now my sister has turned 18, and guess what, my mom is sueing my dad for the house so he won't get any profit from it. My question is do you think that she will win the case? Any comments on this will be appreciated! Thanks.

Nope. He will win. Been there. I am previously divorced.

Bound4Dirt
12-29-2005, 10:09 AM

Maybe he lives in an apt and mom got the house and they have waited years to get a house :confused:

jab300ex
12-29-2005, 07:13 PM
"Aw, thanks! And don't worry - I GOT out! And now I'm married to someone who treats me like a precious commodity on daily basis...........!!! It's amazing!"

Glad to hear it 400grl. Thats the way it should be.

Pappy
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

And I cringe whenever I read you guys joking about the 5 cent bullet - my ex said he'd kill me before he let me divorce him. Well.....we are divorced, and I'm still here, so I guess he was more bark than bite......but it still makes me cringe to hear you guys say stuff like that........:(

i reckon i took my vows seriously..lol "till death do us part"

the preacher man never said how or when:D

all kidding aside, if people would use better judgement at choosing a spouse the world would be a happier place. so many of my friends got married, had a kid then split. i feel for the kid, coming from a childhood of 2 divorces, i have little sympathy for the parents.

Honda TRX250ex
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
i reckon i took my vows seriously..lol "till death do us part"

the preacher man never said how or when:D

all kidding aside, if people would use better judgement at choosing a spouse the world would be a happier place. so many of my friends got married, had a kid then split. i feel for the kid, coming from a childhood of 2 divorces, i have little sympathy for the parents.
if they cant find the body than your a free man