PDA

View Full Version : blaster problems,please help

deathwishracing
12-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I bought a 95 blaster for my son, all stock. Low compression, floppy reeds, carb trashed. Bored the cylinder, new piston/rings, new reeds, new carb. Cranks and runs, but revs up erratically. When you let the clutch out, it just bogs. I don't know much about 2-strokes, I'm a 400ex man. Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, this thing is for sale, or trade for a trashed 300ex. Thanks.

Scro
12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Give it more gas:D Seriously, I think that all 2-strokes do that. Don't hold me too it though.:ermm:

AtvMxRider
12-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Give it more gas:D Seriously, I think that all 2-strokes do that.

No they don't..... Check for a air leak or proper jetting

dirtmomma
12-28-2005, 04:46 PM
check between the carb & motor to make sure there isn't an air leak...............air/vacumm :) hope this helps my son is an EXPERT anymore w/ these little quads!! Give it a chance you will like it but it IS a 2 stroke & they are moddier than a 4 stroke!!!

blasteracer24
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
make sures you have all the reed petals on the cage as well as tight. check for leaks. make sure the filter is clean. check the plug. clean the carb and check jetting.

jab300ex
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Deffinately check for air leaks. A 2 stroke motor is alot more simple than a 4 stroke. Check the jetting. Is it a bigger carb or stock? What kind of reeds? Check for air leaks. If your 2 stroke isn't running right you will burn a hole in the piston. I've been dealin with 2 strokes for a while and I prefer them.:)

deathwishracing
12-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Everything is stock. Stock carb with factory jetting, stock pipe, stock clean air filter, new plug. I will check for air leaks. I just installed the new fmf torque reeds, with new gaskets on the reed cage, so I wouldn't think I would have an air leak, but I will check, thanks.

dirtmomma
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Better check the jetting.................new reeds=more fuel :) do a plug check to see if it's rich or lean, my little guy has all stock motor stuff on his 50 & we just went w/ aftermarket carbon fiber reeds & had to refet :) We ran the same reeds in our 36mm carb on our blaster!!

Good Luck