PDA

View Full Version : Carb experts I need your help!

mc1984
12-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I pulled the carb off my 300ex today and pulled it apart to give it a good cleaning. I pulled the float and needle out along with both jets. I was spraying the main body out over a pan when all of a sudden I noticed what looked like a tiny gold washer. I am assuming that this little disc fell out of one of the carb bores but I am not sure where. I think it is made of brass and is about 1/8" in diameter maybe a little bigger. I am not sure where it fell out of the carb and if someone could please tell me I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much in advance!!
Mike

2004exrider
12-28-2005, 08:10 PM
It think that theres one in or by the port for the pilot jet:confused: maybe post a picture of it if you can and we can see if its any help.

Jimmy

Bound4Dirt
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
The "c" clip for the needle or? Post a picture.

mc1984
12-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I would post a pic but I already put it back together the way I think it went. 2004exrider thought that it went under the pilot needle and thats where I think it went also. I originally thought that it was brass but I think it is a gold irridite washer. It seems like it could be the seat for the spring thats on the pilot needle. It looks just like a tiny washer. I would say the hole in it is to small for a pencil lead to fit through. I will finish putting it back together tomorrw and hopefully all will be well. the reason I originally wanted to clean it is because it didnt want to idle when it first started. Hopefully this will do the trick. Any other input would be very appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!