PDA

View Full Version : Huevos 8 or the fallout

underpowered
12-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Which do you like better? i watched both back to back last night and my vote has to be for the fallout. i just thought it was a better film all around. I liked that Huevos had more MX but i still think The Fallout beat it.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-28-2005, 10:36 AM
i dont see why you would compare the two movies. They are very different and this was dan's first film. You will more than likely get a lot of biased opinions. They were both awesome films though, i couldnt say i like one more than the other.

infantry317
12-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Both are great, I'm givin' it to Wes by very little. The MN homies did an awesome job on their first movie, they'll only get better.
Lots of great vids out right now, my wife just shook her head at me after I bought all of them :D

nat3060
12-28-2005, 11:37 AM
i got fallout yesterday, sat there and watched every second of it.. very nice work by the akraix guys...

i also sat down and watched heuvos 8 which i borrowed from someone, and like the ones before, i found myself skipping alot of sections throughout the dvd.

one thing that i loved about fallout was the music.. you could actually sit and watch the video and not be annoyed by the screaming thats found in all the heuvos.. even with 8.. youd hear a song begin to think, ok, this is nice.. then all of a sudden the yelling begins..
fallout the music was real chill... you didnt really even notice it because it flowed with the riding so well, and with huevos your were reaching for the control to lower it or put it on mute.

this is akraix's FIRST video, and it can compete, if not be better than heuvos.. keep in mind, akraix is on dvd #1.. heuvos is on #8

Colby@C&DRacing
12-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by nat3060
i got fallout yesterday, sat there and watched every second of it.. very nice work by the akraix guys...

i also sat down and watched heuvos 8 which i borrowed from someone, and like the ones before, i found myself skipping alot of sections throughout the dvd.

one thing that i loved about fallout was the music.. you could actually sit and watch the video and not be annoyed by the screaming thats found in all the heuvos.. even with 8.. youd hear a song begin to think, ok, this is nice.. then all of a sudden the yelling begins..
fallout the music was real chill... you didnt really even notice it because it flowed with the riding so well, and with huevos your were reaching for the control to lower it or put it on mute.

this is akraix's FIRST video, and it can compete, if not be better than heuvos.. keep in mind, akraix is on dvd #1.. heuvos is on #8

I haven't seen the fallout yet but I agree I did not care for the music in Huevos 8 it was way to hardcore. The sound track off of Quad Jockeys was really mellow.

12-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I havent seen Fallout yet but if it isnt better than H8 ill cry cuz it was horrible

I watched H8 then Carpe Diem 2 last night n CD2 is the best quad movie ive seen! Better than all 8 Huevos.

04TRX400EX
12-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Has anyone seen the new "Charge" atv video? Any good?

Colby@C&DRacing
12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Has anyone seen the new "Charge" atv video? Any good?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196335

dirtmomma
12-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Seen H8 this past weekend wasn't that bad, but the music was a little crazy LOL maybe i'm just getting old :o I'm waiting on the arrival of the "Quadfather" video now, haven't seen the Fallout??

underpowered
12-29-2005, 09:17 AM
H8 had some cool stuff, but like someone else ssid, i skipped through some of it because i did not hold my interest. The rhino part was awesome though, i want one of those with the +6 LT supsetion setup.

theTman
12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
wes puts way to much slo mo and color effects in his videos..

but i agree with Hondadudeehhhh, you cant really compare the two movies, wes has made 8 and dan has made 1

QuadJunkies
12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Charge is only a 1/2 hour long??!!! I ordered but have not recieved mine yet, hopefully the quality of the video will out weigh the price :ermm:

dangle
12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Charge is only a 1/2 hour long??!!! :huh I ordered but have not recieved mine yet, hopefully the quality of the video will out weigh the price :ermm:

I hate to rain on your parade but charge is weak...

Mike

drgnerth
12-29-2005, 11:53 AM
There's a couple good parts in Charge, but not worth the money. CD2 well worth the cash, likewise for H8 and the Fallot vol.1. I'd have to give it to Wes if i could only have one but luckily i can have them all.

quadmaster88
12-29-2005, 12:21 PM
huevos movies are just so awsome because of the style and way wes does his movie... the song selection wasnt the best but it was better than carpet diem 2....

i didnt care for the sturgis part of the film because there was like one quad in it and im around harleys all the time but you know...

nacsEX
12-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I have every new vid... besides carpe diem 2... i watched it and didn't want to spend the money to buy it...Anyway here's the order I like the vids in:

1: The Fallout Volume 1
2: Huevos 8

Juggalo
01-01-2006, 01:40 AM
huevos 8 was ok i guess. id prob have to say it was my least favorite in the series tho. maybe it was a little better than 5. still pretty boring with too many scenes you'll want to skip. ho hum...barrow somebody else's copy if you can, dont buy it for yourself

quadfather- pretty much just sucked. there was a couple decent parts but the rest sucked so bad there was no saving it.

charge- it was either hit or miss with this one. they had some good stuff in there and but some of the other parts were just too boring and the movie is way too short! fun fact: you can spot me in the ending credits ridin by in a wheelie

fallout- by far the best quad movie i have ever seen and one of the best riding movies ive seen too. the guys really out-did theirselves. this is their first dvd but you wouldnt know it by looking at it. great soundtrack, insane footage, and great mix of action. def reccommend picking it up.

MXRACER86
01-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Get Both!

nat3060
01-01-2006, 09:31 AM
did anyone else notice that wes was in 8 a little to much? seemed like it was all about him with some quad riding in between

Mxjunkie
01-01-2006, 09:38 AM
The huevos movies allways have me skipping sections, I like movies you can actually watch the entire thing and not skip around.

I've seen 8, I liked the rhino part but thats about it.. it was the same as any other huevos..

I got carpie and fallout on my to do list maybe charge as well.

theTman
01-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by nat3060
did anyone else notice that wes was in 8 a little to much? seemed like it was all about him with some quad riding in between

not trying to be a prick or anything....but werent you all Hbomb then akraix came out and you suddenly changed and fell in love with them and hate Hbomb now:huh

SRH
01-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by theTman
not trying to be a prick or anything....but werent you all Hbomb then akraix came out and you suddenly changed and fell in love with them and hate Hbomb now:huh

who.....cares

i like the cobra part...the rhino part...and the bombsquad part, also the nationals was good but he picks such ****ty lil emo music ....hes making terrafirma 7 everytime he makes a vid...i like huevos 5 and 8 the best but i cant watch every part of either of them

i know the kind of vid dan wanted to make and im anxious to get my copy of the fallout...whenever impact sends it out...

QuadJunkies
01-01-2006, 12:00 PM
well, I just watched H8 and I thought is was simply AWESOME!!! Cant wait until the Fallout comes... Im also looking forward to the QuadFather :macho

cheetah
01-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I have all the Huevos except 8 and I personally think H1-H4 were the best and he started going off of their pace starting in 5. I think H3 might be the best IMO. I can't wait to get the fallout it looks very well put together.

nat3060
01-01-2006, 01:34 PM
not trying to be a prick or anything....but werent you all Hbomb then akraix came out and you suddenly changed and fell in love with them and hate Hbomb now

nope i wasnt all hbomb.. i just had the graphic kit on my quad.. it just looked good... besides, dan from akraix designed the hbomb kit anyway

Elka83
01-01-2006, 04:27 PM
h8 was great. charge wasnt that bad, it was pretty funny with the dude riding on the streets. Carpe diem 2 was pretty good, they just dont use a very good quality camera or w.e becuase the quality of the movie isnt very good but the riding is awsome. i havent seen fallout but by the way u all talk about it i deff. got to get it.

Premis
01-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Elka83
Carpe diem 2 was pretty good, they just dont use a very good quality camera or w.e becuase the quality of the movie isnt very good but the riding is awsome.

Carpe Diem 2 was shot using 3 Canon XL2 cameras, the highest quality digital camera you can buy. I am pretty sure that is the same camera Akraix uses. We don't use film because the cost is outrages, we would rather use that money to pay our riders and support the sport. Digital also works better for the kind of film we put out, we keep the cameras running at all times and never stage anything. We wouldn't be able to do that with film.

400exBro
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Premis
Carpe Diem 2 was shot using 3 Canon XL2 cameras, the highest quality digital camera you can buy. I am pretty sure that is the same camera Akraix uses. We don't use film because the cost is outrages, we would rather use that money to pay our riders and support the sport. Digital also works better for the kind of film we put out, we keep the cameras running at all times and never stage anything. We wouldn't be able to do that with film.

You guys did an awsome job, i loved carpe diem 2 the song selection was also really good... Can't wait for Carpe Diem 3.

01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
i have both and prefer huevos 8....im not huge into FMX and huevos seemed to have everything in it. I did like the segment on kelly though in fallout

01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
If you live in the utah, arizona, colorado, wyoming, and idaho area, Id HIGHALLY recomennd sand crusaders too. They are local riders here in utah, the are all A class riders. They ride at the dunes, thier are sandrails ATV"s, and Motorccycles.

MXRACER86
01-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Carpe Diem 2 was the best in my opinion!

DVS_Freestyler
01-01-2006, 10:37 PM
yeah we didnt want to put in a lot of racing in the film, just for the fact that every other atv video out is racing racing racing, with the exception of a few. for me racing is something i love to do, but not something i like to watch over and over. yeah freestyle is kind of the same thing but look how many poeple do it compared to racing. you cant roll a ramp, once your commited you either make it or it hurts really really bad :D on that note whos coming with to glen helen in february? look for the blue sand bagger rolling B class!! haha

fallout 2 is going to be fun, we had such a good time gettin to travel with everyone this year, cant wait!!!

Derek Guetter
Akraix.com

01-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
yeah we didnt want to put in a lot of racing in the film, just for the fact that every other atv video out is racing racing racing, with the exception of a few. for me racing is something i love to do, but not something i like to watch over and over. yeah freestyle is kind of the same thing but look how many poeple do it compared to racing. you cant roll a ramp, once your commited you either make it or it hurts really really bad :D on that note whos coming with to glen helen in february? look for the blue sand bagger rolling B class!! haha

fallout 2 is going to be fun, we had such a good time gettin to travel with everyone this year, cant wait!!!

Derek Guetter
Akraix.com yah aloit of the videos today are all RACING. I bought your movie knowing it was going to be different and already knew I probably would like Huevos 8 more just because I do ride trails and very little MX and zero FMX. Main reason I bought your video is because I knew it was different and wanted to see what it was all about and am indeed happy with it. I will buy fallout 2 so keep it up.

QuadR8cer12
01-02-2006, 01:22 AM
I like the MX segment in The Fallout. It looks really great!

and the last segment at Storms place is sick enough to make any rider want to ride there, no matter what part of the sport they come from.

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 10:41 AM
:D on that note whos coming with to glen helen in february? look for the blue sand bagger rolling B class!! haha

We got a few from Idaho going and I think one of them is racing your class :D

tdsongster
01-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Premis

Carpe Diem 2 was excellent, I wish I had the $$$ for an XL2. They are out of my price range.

bad01300ex
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I have only seen heuvos 8, and i think i might give fallout a try, i haven seen to many quad movies but huevos didnt really do it for me. I mean, dont get me wrong it was bada** but there were some things i found myself skipping thru. Whats up with the harly crap, :confused: noone wants to see a bunch of old guys on motorcylces, and most of the music SUCKS

Dan_Guetter
01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by tdsongster
Carpe Diem 2 was excellent, I wish I had the $$$ for an XL2. They are out of my price range.

XL2 is over rated... Going with all new equipment next year so dont waste your money ;)

tdsongster
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
XL2 is over rated... Going with all new equipment next year so dont waste your money ;)

Is there something new coming out that uses something digital instead of the mini dv tape. I have never had luck with the tapes in my camcorders?

Pappy
01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS

send me one of the old units, ill get you some footage:devil:

reed13
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Derek Guetter
Akraix.com

lets start taking bets on how derek will finish at glen helen
top 10

Premis
01-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Is there something new coming out that uses something digital instead of the mini dv tape. I have never had luck with the tapes in my camcorders?

You can buy digital recording packs that record straight to a hard drive.

The newest camera out is the Canon XLH1. It is the XL2 but with High-definition capability. It is a good camera but worthless for anyone producing DVDs. There is no DVD player yet that can play HD discs (or even discs to put it on). Until they make a HD DVD player it would just be throwing away money on outdated equipment.

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Is there something new coming out that uses something digital instead of the mini dv tape. I have never had luck with the tapes in my camcorders? have you tried the newer mini DV"S?? I have a Sony and it is awesome,just wish I didnt go threw so many tapes so fast! :scary:

Dan_Guetter
01-03-2006, 07:27 AM
There is a camera that will change how DV is filmed.....

I think on of my bros made the comment about the XL2....

I like it....but i guess its not up to everyones standards...we shot with the XL2 and the DVX this last year....both great cameras i thought...

We will be testing new cameras in the next few months...along with serveral arri and bolex 16mm cameras...

underpowered
01-03-2006, 09:04 AM
When it comes to quad videos, i like a mixture of racing, XC, MX, freestyle, adn everything else. for me freestyle gets boring after a while, just the same tricks in differnt spots. I like some freestyle, some racing adn some of the other stuff like the Mud boggs, hill climbs, and trail hills like THE WALL section from huevo's 4(?) the rhino parts was great from H8. i personaly like the stupid stuff mixed with Freestyle and racing.

QuadR8cer12
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
The fallout has a great mix of every area of the sport

SRH
01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
im still waiting for my copy of the fallout but.. ive foudn myself bored of huevos, wes has skills but no content in his films....too bad

whiteflash
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
The fallout has a great mix of every area of the sport

when you say that you mean like xc, mx, mud, etc.? cause i can only watch so much freestyle:ermm:

infantry317
01-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
when you say that you mean like xc, mx, mud, etc.? cause i can only watch so much freestyle:ermm:

I only gave my vote to H8 because of Wes' skills of filmaking, the mud bog, Sturgis and the lot lizards bored the h3ll out of me. The more I watch both and think I like Fallout better. Dan can you forgive me? :devil:

And on CD2 when Skyler does his "My Time" speech I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Reminds me of the Hollywood types.

400exrules
04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
dont mean to bring this back, but im gonna order a movie soon and its gonna be between huevos 8 and carpe diem 2......no offense but freestyle bores me so im not ordering fallout.
But what all is in CD2, any good woods racing?

Pappy
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
CD2 will be better for your mx wants....

the kids have "The Fallout" on as I type...it really is a good one to have in anyones collection.

antman
04-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Fallout!!!!!!!!!!