PDA

View Full Version : stock ball joint out of spindle

JR3
12-28-2005, 08:34 AM
how do i get the stock ball joint ouit of the spindle ive beat it with a rubber mallet to no avail. i was wondering if any 1 had any ways that they beat it out of the spidle im talking about the threared part that like machine fitted thru the spindle.

CannondaleRider
12-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Pull up on the spindle, away from the balljoint, and hit the rounded part of the spindle with a Dead-Blow hammer...or just a normal hammer if you don't care about the finish.

Thats the easiest way i've dealt with. Unless you have no worries about the Balljoint boot, then a pickle fork would be easier.

JR3
12-28-2005, 02:00 PM
what about the ball joint from the top a arm that goes into the spindle

CannondaleRider
12-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Same thing as the lowers.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-29-2005, 04:25 PM
if you don't want to ruin the balljoint boot this tool is very hand to have :)
ATV Ball Joint Separator
Will not damage the A-arm, ball-joint stud or rubber boots.

CannondaleRider
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Very nice, no damage involved:macho

mrnate400ex
12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
all i did was stick the nuts on upside down and thread them on both sides a little and stick a smaller socket between them(but it has to be long enough to get wedged between then nuts in the spindle) and then loosen the nuts back off and the pressure will bust one of them loose, then i did the same thing for the other one, but used a bigger spacer to use the top of the spindle as the stop. does that make any sense???

JR3
12-31-2005, 07:08 AM
i got the spindle out my 1 friend said he got his out by shocking the metal. So i go what is that he goes well just you and someone else go out there hold up the a arm then u each hit 1 side of the spindle say its the upper ball joint You hit 1 side while som1 hits the other they all fell right out.

EX Stud
03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
mrnate400ex

I did the socket between them method and managed to get both top a-arms out... I can't get the lower one out!! Explain how using the top of the spindle as the stop will push the bottom one out. What is there to turn to get them out?

quad2xtreme
03-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by EX Stud
mrnate400ex

I did the socket between them method and managed to get both top a-arms out... I can't get the lower one out!! Explain how using the top of the spindle as the stop will push the bottom one out. What is there to turn to get them out?

You need to now use a longer socket to so it extends all the way up to the top spindle. You may have to pad it with washers, or just use a piece of pipe can cut it to the appropriate length. You still loose the bottom nut and it will wedge against the pipe and force the bottom one out.

I used to play with these tricks too but now I have the tool like C&D posted. Way easier.

Honda#4
03-18-2006, 09:35 AM
i tried to get my a arms off cus i wanted to paint them but those things r a pain in the butt i beated and beated on them but they would not come off. when and if i can get my front end kit im gonna wait it out or untill they break or something.