PDA

View Full Version : 400EX No Airbox currently

xsr71x
12-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Bought this bike with no airbox, what do you guys recomend for the rebuild 440 w/cams pipe etc. Open, aluminum, stock w/o lid?

Where do you source parts?

2muchquad
12-28-2005, 11:56 AM
you can get everything you need from this site.most serious performance enthusiasts run w/o the air box lid:D just go with a fresh topend if it needs it and maybe a slipon exhaust.i could be wrong or maybe its me but they will usually last longer if they arent heavily modded:D but then again workin on them is the fun part:D

xsr71x
12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
you can get everything you need from this site.most serious performance enthusiasts run w/o the air box lid:D just go with a fresh topend if it needs it and maybe a slipon exhaust.i could be wrong or maybe its me but they will usually last longer if they arent heavily modded:D but then again workin on them is the fun part:D

LOL.. it came with a broken 440 kit, so I am starting from the Crank (Hot Rods), Welding it so it can't twist like the last one. Going with a resleeve (440 wiseco setup 11:1) It all ready has performance cams, and it looks like the OS valves are salvageable.

Wish me luck, I guess I need an air bo then.. Who has one for sale cheap since I'm throwing cubic $$$ at the engine!:devil:

Rip_Tear
12-28-2005, 01:09 PM
depending on your riding conditions you could even go with no air box, just a mount for the boot and fitler to hold on to or something.