PDA

View Full Version : ipod video owners

FreeStylerEx
12-27-2005, 09:33 PM
im debating on buying ipod video or not? well what kind of videos is it like movies? music videos? or both? anyway to get like huevos or the fall out on them? and do you think its worth it to buy 1?

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I got a 30 gig video ipod for Christmas

man it is nice

not only can you put music videos and movies on there you can put T.V. programs on there and seasons from television shows, music, place to keep notes and contacts, games, stopwatch, calender, and a place to put your photos, and there is more

I would totaly reccomend getting this they have a 30 gig one and a 60 gig the 30 gig is plenty and is still hard to fill up

derekhonda
12-27-2005, 09:55 PM
i got the same 30 gig you did. Ill be damned if im smart enough to turn it on though. wanna pm me some secrets how to operate pretty please :D

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
i got the same 30 gig you did. Ill be damned if im smart enough to turn it on though. wanna pm me some secrets how to operate pretty please :D

how about you pm me on what you need to know and I will be more than happy to get back to you as soon as possible and try to answere any questions that you have

its kinda funny I just figured this stuff out without reading the manual (I cant take the time to read those things I get to impatient so I know how you feel) but I love to mess with these electronic gifts I got

FreeStylerEx
12-27-2005, 10:11 PM
kind of didnt answer my questions lol

hondarider2500
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
you can take a dvd and put it on the ipod, but you have to convert it to the ipod format. idk how to do it but luckily my dad does. i got a video ipod and i love it.

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylerEx
kind of didnt answer my questions lol

well I answered that it had music video and a place for movies and has great flatscreen quality and as long as you have anything on your computer you can pretty much put it on your ipod aqnd yes it is worth it to buy one any other questions :confused:

I hope I answered all of them in this post I amsorry I got out of hand just was pointing out all of the stuff that was on it in the first post

hondarider2500
12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
it has to be the right format though. some things will have to be converted, like movies

hondarider2500
12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
^it has to be the right format though. some things will have to be converted, like movies

bluebaron
12-27-2005, 10:19 PM
is there any good free converters, i can only find ones that are trials that leave a watermark on the video.

12-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't understand why everyone loves trying to watch movies on 2 inch screens:confused:

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
I don't understand why everyone loves trying to watch movies on 2 inch screens:confused:

what if you are in the car going somewhere and you are bored as heck but the video quality on the ipod flatscreen is amazing you have to see it to believe me

FreeStylerEx
12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
i mean any way to put a huevos movie on them or not?

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2500
^it has to be the right format though. some things will have to be converted, like movies

yes you co have to convert the files which is simple you may be able to do it with itunes or any other program you have

dangle
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM

Word :chinese: ...

Mike

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dangle
Word :chinese: ...

Mike

if you had one you would understand but that post is not helping this guy out :grr:

12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
what if you are in the car going somewhere and you are bored as heck but the video quality on the ipod flatscreen is amazing you have to see it to believe me I have seen it an i'm not impressed. The screens so small its stupid. Get a portable dvd player for like $200 less.

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I have seen it an i'm not impressed. The screens so small its stupid. Get a portable dvd player for like $200 less.

yeah a $100 dvd player= crappy quality

woohoo a 4 inch dvd player in the car its just what everyone needs

and guys it is not just for that purpose if it was I am sure they would have made the screen bigger, I mean get real guys they are trying to come out with more compact and more advanced products

12-27-2005, 11:17 PM
yeah a $100 dvd player= crappy quality $150 dvd player=nice quality and like a 9 inch screen. You can buy one of them and a Creative Zen micro that holds 3000 songs for 150.

dangle
12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
if you had one you would understand but that post is not helping this guy out :grr:

I just can't see staring at that small *** screen for hours at a time... it's cool for little clips but thats abou it.... Btw I have the 30gig video ipod...

Mike

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by dangle
I just can't see staring at that small *** screen for hours at a time... it's cool for little clips but thats abou it.... Btw I have the 30gig video ipod...

Mike

Yeah I really don't use the movie part I just use the music video part most of the time but I still think it is awsome to watch short television shows like I got on there

dang I didn't think this thread would have so much attention paid to of a guy that needed some info and everyone else that doesn't have one and doesn't know anything about it and just says something is wrong with it and doesnt even have a reason why they don't like it

(that was not directed towards you mike)

12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
my pocketpc kills an ipod..can you say wireless internet and camera? ipaq rx3715

FreeStylerEx
12-28-2005, 12:25 AM
can you put huevos.. fall out video anything like that on them..

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 12:34 AM
can you put huevos.. fall out video anything like that on them..

first you have to have it on your computer and I am not sure what kinda file you have to convert it to but as long as you have the video on your computer you can put it on your ipod I believe

FreeStylerEx
12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
i got huevos 2 3 4 on my computer from bearshare could i do it?

Unverfehrt400ex
12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
ive got several videos on my computer and now in itunes but cant get them to go onto the ipod.

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
i got huevos 2 3 4 on my computer from bearshare could i do it?

yes they should be able to play on the ipod

MOFO
12-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Actually I had one.

I gave it to my sister. I already have an Ipod Photo 30 gig.... I have no use for watching my TV shows on a 2" screen. Thats like watching video clips on your cell phone... come on...what a waste.

BTW, 30gigs is VERY easy to fill up. I'm at 28gig's right now with just music. For you video guys, I would really recommend the 60gig!

FreeStylerEx
12-28-2005, 10:06 PM
well i bought one.....i can i get my carp diem 2 dvd onto it...i need quicktime pro 7? im not paying 30 bucks for it thats crap? any sugestions

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
well i bought one.....i can i get my carp diem 2 dvd onto it...i need quicktime pro 7? im not paying 30 bucks for it thats crap? any sugestions

you could get someone to convert it for you or something like that:D

FreeStylerEx
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
i just at least wanna get the fallout teaser on it for now...can some one do it for me? like make it quicktime and send it to me or somethin? im not a comp expert at all

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Actually I had one.

I gave it to my sister. I already have an Ipod Photo 30 gig.... I have no use for watching my TV shows on a 2" screen. Thats like watching video clips on your cell phone... come on...what a waste.

BTW, 30gigs is VERY easy to fill up. I'm at 28gig's right now with just music. For you video guys, I would really recommend the 60gig!

I know you don't want to watch your tv shows on that thing when having a choice of watching it on a tv at home but if you on the road it is awsome for videos and how much freakin music you have on there to take up that much space you have to have like around 5,600 songs to take up that much space

bluebaron
12-29-2005, 12:36 AM
i got huevos 6 and slednecks 6 and 7 on mine, i used a trail conveter so it leaves a thing on the video, i like it for videos, in school im not going to pull out a portable DVD player to watch something

MOFO
12-29-2005, 04:04 AM
I know you don't want to watch your tv shows on that thing when having a choice of watching it on a tv at home but if you on the road it is awsome for videos and how much freakin music you have on there to take up that much space you have to have like around 5,600 songs to take up that much space

I have a tad over 4600 songs - however I prefer HIGH quailty... not that 128kbps crap. My minimum quality is 192kbps, but I do have a few @ 160. This is the reason I recommend getting the BIGGEST ipod you can get - 60 gig....especially if your going to put shows/movies on there.

trx400exxracer
12-29-2005, 07:52 AM
I have a tad over 4600 songs - however I prefer HIGH quailty... not that 128kbps crap. My minimum quality is 192kbps, but I do have a few @ 160. This is the reason I recommend getting the BIGGEST ipod you can get - 60 gig....especially if your going to put shows/movies on there.

dang that is a lot of music but I wouldn't listen to that much over a period of time I just like to have a few new and favorite songs on there at the time

Matt37
12-29-2005, 09:07 AM

Or instead of getting the bigger size ipod, you could try deleting some of the songs you do not listen to alot.

You cannot tell me that you listen to almost 5k worth of songs all the time... that is ridiculious.

As for the Ipod video. I just got one for Christmas and I love it. I think the video quality is awesome and it is a really good way to pass tons of time on road trips.

moto04racing
12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
im going to buy one in a few hours

bluebaron
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
i got mine for christmas, im not complaining, i like it, but if i had a choice i think i would have gone with the creative zen video. they have a 4 hour video playback, built in FM tuner, removable battery and some other stuff

MOFO
12-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Or instead of getting the bigger size ipod, you could try deleting some of the songs you do not listen to alot.

You cannot tell me that you listen to almost 5k worth of songs all the time... that is ridiculious.

As for the Ipod video. I just got one for Christmas and I love it. I think the video quality is awesome and it is a really good way to pass tons of time on road trips.

Ummmm yes I do.

I probably spend about 3-4 hours a day driving. I put the Ipod on a huge mix...its nice to hear songs that I dont normally listen to.

Also, why should you have to update your ipod. I have my entire CD collection on there.... is there a problem with that????

My Ipod is not used as a replacement to a portable CD player just to listen to a few CD's or songs. We use it as a portable jukebox. In the palm of my hand is my entire music collection. This is the main reason I record my songs at a higher level - 192kbps.

dangle
12-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Ummmm yes I do.

I probably spend about 3-4 hours a day driving. I put the Ipod on a huge mix...its nice to hear songs that I dont normally listen to.

Also, why should you have to update your ipod. I have my entire CD collection on there.... is there a problem with that????

My Ipod is not used as a replacement to a portable CD player just to listen to a few CD's or songs. We use it as a portable jukebox. In the palm of my hand is my entire music collection. This is the main reason I record my songs at a higher level - 192kbps.

I'm with this guy... driving at 8 hours at time... changing cd's every 10 mins gets old... especially for decks that don't play mp3 cd's....

Mike

moto04racing
12-29-2005, 04:05 PM
dude i love this thing, its the greatest

coolex
12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
i have had my regular ipod for about 6 months the hard drive finally fried

FreeStylerEx
12-29-2005, 10:24 PM
i can not get videos on mine and it sucks