PDA

View Full Version : holeshot mx

07-01-2002, 06:02 PM
do the holeshot mx tires(front and rear) really wear out fast? i have heard a lot of different things about them.if anyone has the tires, can you tell me what you think of them???

07-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey dude i read your other post and you seem to be hung up on HoleShot MXs'. From what you said about your riding conditions. DO NOT GET ANY TIRE THAT IS MADE FOR MX. They are a soft compound rubber made for loose dirt adn sand on a race track. They wear very quickly and are not good at all on trails. I would get either the Razars or teh Holeshot XCs', XCRs'. They aren't much different.

07-01-2002, 06:30 PM
i wanted the holeshot mx rear because i wanted 18's. my friend has 20" holeshots, and they look the same size as my stock 22"s

07-02-2002, 02:52 PM
If you don't ride MX then the last thing you want to do is put 18 rear tires on..you'll be hating life for sure,,plus you'll probably rip your entire rear end off on the trails with them on there..and yes they do wear fast..

OutlawEX
07-02-2002, 11:08 PM
I have not personally got em but a few friends of mine do and one of em said that theirs seem to be shrinking after a few races,lol so i think they do wear faster

frogburner
07-05-2002, 10:14 AM
I just got a rear set of regular ole Holeshots on my 400, and it seems to me that the tread is a little softer than stock I think.. I love the tire though so far... I dont think I would get the MX since on the description says its softer compound... Cause the Holeshots I have I think are too soft, but we'll see how they wear... So far though i like them..

Sick0
07-05-2002, 02:44 PM
I bought my holeshot MX my first race and a week after my second race I was buying new tires. These tire realy wear down fast. If you buy them, DON'T RIDE ON PAVEMENT. they also suck in sand, in the woods, mud. And if you are on a drifting corner they seem to lose too much traction or if you gas it to hard you will spin out.

However I loved how well they slide. You can fly into a corner and fells alot more stable. I didn't like them for aroud here in western massachusetts but I'm sure they have a place.