PDA

View Full Version : cops

hondamanforlife
12-27-2005, 11:13 AM
has anyone else ran from the cops in the middle of town. i did for the first time last night, i am not saying that i am a daredevil, but i dont want my atv taken away from me. three of my friends and i were riding on the side of the rail road tracks, to get to some trails far away, when we saw a cop, we turned around to get him to turn around, then turned aroud really quick when he couldnt see us, then we hauled *** through town where it is not very busy. there were 2 450r's and 2 400's we got off the tracks a little to take a short cut, and when we got back on, i saw a nother cop in the middle of the 2 tracks chasing us, he had no chance, we rode for another mile, then got off on a road, and went to a friend house and chilled, after it got dark, we took backroads and trail to my house. the chase was a rush but, i am not looking forward to another one, so i think i am going to stay off the tracks for a while. anybody elso got any storys.

theTman
12-27-2005, 11:17 AM
just delete it...its gonna get locked

Hondadudeehhhh
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
police officers keep us safe and protect our country from idiots like you. Why endager an officer because YOU were doing something illegal. I wished they would have caught you and taken your atv away

12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
i bet almost half the people on this site have ran befor, they just dont want a bad reputation;)

ridered11
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
people like you give everyone else a bad rep, disrespectful idiots running from the law. yet we still wonder why are places to ride are slim to none, it's because no one wants to support people with reps like that

pretty selfish if you ask me

hondamanforlife
12-27-2005, 11:43 AM
ok u think what you want, but are you saying that you have never ridden in a place that was illegal. in towns like mine, you have to trailer your atv an hour to ride worry free. i would never endanger anyone on purpose, and if i were, i would stop and talk to the cops. and the railroad we ride on the side of, has 20 feet of grass on each side so we are not endagering any one including ourselves, i am not the one to go and do something illegal, waiting for cops to see me and chase me for the fun of it.

JDiablo
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Idk about you,but i don't like dealing with the law,and if i know i can get away,ill do it,but if not ill stop,most of the time if you stop,and be polite,he will let you off.....who knows maybe he just wanted to compliment you on your quad,lol never know unless you stop.

theTman
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by banshee91
i bet almost half the people on this site have ran befor, they just dont want a bad reputation;)

ive never ran, if i go on the road, its slow and way on the shoulder, ive passed cops and they just wave

jwick07
12-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Congrats on being a looser. Hope you get caught soon and can never ride, you and your friends. If you cant obey the laws with your ATVs you dont have the right to have one in the first place. NOW GO SIT IN THE CORNER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE SO YOU WONT RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!

theTman
12-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JDiablo
Idk about you,but i don't like dealing with the law,and if i know i can get away,ill do it,but if not ill stop,most of the time if you stop,and be polite,he will let you off.....who knows maybe he just wanted to compliment you on your quad,lol never know unless you stop.

exactly, ive read stories of cops stopping to say, "hey nice quad!" and stuff like that, not all cops are dickheads

12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
Congrats on being a looser. Hope you get caught soon and can never ride, you and your friends. If you cant obey the laws with your ATVs you dont have the right to have one in the first place. NOW GO SIT IN THE CORNER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE SO YOU WONT RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!

So you are not going to be able to ride wer you love to ride most because of what he did?

jwick07
12-27-2005, 11:52 AM
YES IT WILL BE ALL HIS FAULT I WILL FIND HIM AND END HIM

I was meaning people that do those kind of activities on there quads and dirt bike make extremely bad reputation for everybody in the sport. This makes it hard for people to allow riders on their land because they think that we are all little chits and will tear it all to hell.

12-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
YES IT WILL BE ALL HIS FAULT I WILL FIND HIM AND END HIM

I was meaning people that do those kind of activities on there quads and dirt bike make extremely bad reputation for everybody in the sport. This makes it hard for people to allow riders on their land because they think that we are all little chits and will tear it all to hell.

Yea i know what your saying, one bad apple runins it for the others. Say if the cop went off course hit a tree and died then yes mabe places would close, its all ifs ands and buts.

jwick07
12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Yup but why risk it. I'm not saying that I m perfect and have never ridden on the street with my quad, I have and I got stopped by the police, I had my truck parked accross the street and one house down, I wanted to go riding and rode my quad to my truck to load it and a cop saw me on the street. He came rushing over and asked what I was doing I told him. He said next time just push it. Then he helped me load it!! Just be honest with them thats all the cops really want.

400exrules
12-27-2005, 12:03 PM
i say, if its obvious that the cop sees you and is chasing you, then you should stop and be polite.....but if he possibly see's you, but you have a good chance of getting away because he is not close to you, then haul ***. But beware they will prob be on the lookout for you from then on:ermm:

how many pairs of tires do you guys go through, ridin on the streets all the time??:ermm:

Hondadudeehhhh
12-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by hondamanforlife
ok u think what you want, but are you saying that you have never ridden in a place that was illegal. in towns like mine, you have to trailer your atv an hour to ride worry free. i would never endanger anyone on purpose, and if i were, i would stop and talk to the cops. and the railroad we ride on the side of, has 20 feet of grass on each side so we are not endagering any one including ourselves, i am not the one to go and do something illegal, waiting for cops to see me and chase me for the fun of it.

well if you knew you didnt have a place to ride legally for 20 miles, than why buy an atv? If you don't like your state rules or little places to ride, write a letter. Don't run from the cops because that does nothing but piss them off even or more an make it harder for other people to legally ride. You said you weren't endangering anyone, what about the cops involved in the chase? You said you rode thru the middle of town..... You kind of sound like a dumb kid to me

EXtremeEXer50
12-27-2005, 12:13 PM
^^^ ur just mad because u arent fast enough to get away!