PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem

Rico400
12-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Yesterday i put on my propegs and after that i decided to take it for spin around my street to see how it feels with new pegs on. well i was riding and as soon as i would make a left turn it would die. i tried to kick it over and nothing, i turned the bars back straight and it kicked over. it did this about 6 times every time i made a left turn. when i got back to in front of my house me and friend started looking around to see what it is, we couldnt figur it out. then sometimes if we moved the plastic piece that holds the key and temp light back it would kill it also. after kinda moving things around a little bit it has stopped.

any ideas of what it could be?
has this happenned to any of you guys? should i be worried, i dont want to make a turn in one of my races and it just dies on me.

Thxx for any info

honduh440
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
well i would say its pretty obvious you have a bad connection somewhere in the handlebar area. check all the wires!

duke416ex
12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Remove your hood and look for a wire that has a bare spot, sounds like you have something grounding out, also look at the bottum of your key switch. Do you have an aftermarket kill switch?

Rico400
12-27-2005, 11:51 AM
ya i have an maier tether kill switch

Dave400ex
12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Sounds like it might be pinching a wire when you turn...

12-27-2005, 08:35 PM
im having a problem also, i wired my fan, through the wiring under the hood, to stay on all the time, it worked for about a month, and now all of a sudden it barely spins, i dont mean to take over the thread but, any ideas?

kyex40047
12-27-2005, 09:31 PM
You burned up the motor. There is a reason why it is not suppose to stay on all the time

12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kyex40047
You burned up the motor. There is a reason why it is not suppose to stay on all the time

nah, chris borich does the same thing and has had no problems, my fan will still spin, just not as fast as normal

im thinking it may be a bad connection, im gonna try a few things tomorrow and c what it will do, you may be right tho, we will just have to c

it has worked for about 2 months tho, riding all day etc, so im jus wondering how it could have gone that long if it was affecting the fan motor

good info tho, thx :macho

TRXDresh
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Chris Borich also probably puts a new one on every couple of races. Those motors are not made for the kind of duty cycle you are putting it through. I am suprised it has lasted as long as it has. The fan does not need to be on all the time. Unless you can afford a new fan every month, this is a bad idea. The manufacturers do not design the fan motors to run all the time.

kyex40047
12-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Not all motors will last the same amount of time. If you are riding it everyday, your motor is burnt up. Thats how they go out, they get slower and slower until they go out completly. A bad connection would most likely make the motor kick on and off due to vibration and bouncing around. Your motor is shot, there is no real good reason to wire it to be on all the time, I would suggest you put it back the way it was.

12-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by kyex40047
Not all motors will last the same amount of time. If you are riding it everyday, your motor is burnt up. Thats how they go out, they get slower and slower until they go out completly. A bad connection would most likely make the motor kick on and off due to vibration and bouncing around. Your motor is shot, there is no real good reason to wire it to be on all the time, I would suggest you put it back the way it was.

it was a bad connection, im leaving it to be on all the time