PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok to do???

Fast-n-Furious
07-01-2002, 03:40 PM
I just got my Power Core IV the other day and put it on but it was spitting and sputtering and wouldn't idle and i figured i would have to rejet it. The guy i bought it from had already messed with the jetting some but i dont know what its got in it right now. But anyways i was thinking of a way to get more gas to it without rejetting. I turned the idle adjustment all the way in and it fired up at a high idle so i turned it down some and it idles fine now and it doesnt spit and sputter when i hit the gas going through the gears!!! Do you guys thing this will be ok cause it runs fine now or should it still be rejetted.
Thanks.
Ryan

phatswinn
07-01-2002, 03:52 PM
if its running good then its ok i think

nakomis0
07-01-2002, 03:56 PM
The idle screw is for idling... So you turned it and it fixed your idle.

Whats next!? The chain tensioner will tighten chains? The clutch cable adjuster , adjusting clutch cables?

Its a crazy world when things work..:blah

Fast-n-Furious
07-01-2002, 04:05 PM
ha ha really funny i just didnt think of trying that because everyone always says change your jets change your jets but no one ever mentioned trying that

07-01-2002, 09:11 PM
it should be fine if its running good

BornOnFire
07-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Fast-n-Furious
ha ha really funny i just didnt think of trying that because everyone always says change your jets change your jets but no one ever mentioned trying that

Are you sure that you didn't turn the Fuel/Air mixture screw? The idle screw shouldn't change the entire powerband. Wierd.....

beerock
07-01-2002, 11:54 PM
always keep tabs on your plugs.....