PDA

View Full Version : Eton 90 does not start

ch0wd0g
12-27-2005, 07:35 AM
I have an Eton 90 that has been in the garage for a while (like about a year) and I cannot get it to start. The battery, spark plug, gas, and gas filter have all been replaced. I can hear it trying to start, but never kicks over. Does not sound like it is trying to kick over. I have checked the fuse as well and it is good. I went ahead and replaced it anyway. I am getting gas to the carberator.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Rip_Tear
12-27-2005, 08:14 AM
is the gas going through the carb? Maybe your carb is gummed up. Is the spark plug wet when you take it out? Maybe the air box/filter needs some attention(cleaning etc)

ch0wd0g
12-27-2005, 08:18 AM
spark plug is dry and the filter is fine.

I'd have to really check if the gas is getting through as not a mechanic by nature. It about sounds like there is no gas getting there.

Rip_Tear
12-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I'd say check the carb, it's probaly gummed up from sitting for so long. If you search the forum you might find a thread about cleaning your carb.

DANVAN
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Try turning the key off, then back on and try re-starting.

Mine wont restart if it stalls unless I turn the key off them back on, took me a while to figure that out.

Good luck.
Also, it wont start in reverse, but I guess u prob already know that.

JDiablo
12-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ch0wd0g
spark plug is dry and the filter is fine.

I'd have to really check if the gas is getting through as not a mechanic by nature. It about sounds like there is no gas getting there.

If your spark plug is dry,then there isn't any gas getting into the cylinder,its defiently your carb,take it off,get some jet carb cleaner take it apart and clean it really good.should start right up after that.

ch0wd0g
12-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks all, I take a look at it

2muchquad
12-27-2005, 02:42 PM
make sure your getting spark:)