PDA

View Full Version : 2006 WORCS Series Role Call

adrenalinefreak
12-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I got the idea for XCRACER to do this. Just interested in seeing who will be racing in the Worcs Series?

Which races will you being going to? What class are you going to race?

I plan on racing Worcs and it's always nice to meet new people. Plus this is my first year racing. I've been thinking quite a bit about trying to make the first round in Phoenix, but not sure if it's going to work out or not...

Either way...I'll definitely be making at least a few...

Rnd Date Location

1 Jan 20-22 Speedworld MX Park-Phoenix, AZ
2 Feb 10-12 Honolulu Hills-Taft, CA
3 Mar 10-12 Crazy Horse Campgrounds-Lake Havasu, AZ
4 April 21-23 Race Town-Victorville, CA
5 May 12-14 Clay Peaks-Payette, ID
6 June 2-4 Washougal MX-Washougal, WA
7 Aug 4-6 Burnt Ridge Mx, WA
8 Sept 8-10 Bull Hollow MX, Monticello, UT
9 Oct 21-22 Oceano Dunes-Pismo Beach, CA

Oh, and what quad will you be racing...?

As far as I know I will be racing my stock 400ex, unless my b/f lets me race his YFZ...

CannondaleRider
12-27-2005, 12:14 AM
The team will be going to every race of the 2006 Season(unless we run into problems)

As it says in my sig, I'll be running in Production A, and MAYBE Open A also, on a Cannondale

My brother-in-law will be racing the same classes, on his Cannondale

My sister will be racing Womens B/C, and possible a 15-29 Sport class, on her Cannondale.

We may possible have a few more people tag along to a few races. Our partner Jeremy Butler will be racing in Phoenix for sure, but not sure about the rest of the season. He'll also be running Production A on his 450R

My friend Devin will also be making it to a few races, he'll most likely be running Stock class, on a Z400, then switching to a LT-R450 later in the season.

400grl
12-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I'll be at SW for round one - Women's A and 30+ A most likely....going to be tough with the ITP Quadcross, the GNC and the WORCS races all in a row in Jan/Feb!

d kelley
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Who will be covering these events? WORCS really needs to get some ink for the ATV racers. I just talked to hetrick racing in PA. and they were not even aware WORCS was a national series. It is difficult to gain sponsors when no one hears about the races we are involved in. All people know about is GNC or GNCC. with most of these (except Glen Helen) back east, It is tough to compete traveling from the west. Please let us know where the coverage is so we can support those magazines, Web sites or whatever and let our sponsors know we are out there promoting.

adrenalinefreak
12-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Has anyone ever written Dirt Wheels mag and informed them of the race...maybe get them to do a cover story on it? Just an idea. Another thing would be to contact some of the major manufacturers of atv gear that are located in the west and get them to advertise and or make it to the races...I don't know though...I'll get to see how it all works when I make it to my first race...

I think the best way to promote the worcs series would be through magazines, websites, and at other races!

Have any of you ever filmed the series and put it up? I know quadjunkies has...I actually liked watching the videos..especially the ones from Worcs...gives you a good look at the track...

BlueZ440
12-27-2005, 07:39 PM
i'll be racing payette and and both in WA. I'm moving up to A class:macho :D

QuadJunkies
12-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Has anyone ever written Dirt Wheels mag and informed them of the race...maybe get them to do a cover story on it? Just an idea. Another thing would be to contact some of the major manufacturers of atv gear that are located in the west and get them to advertise and or make it to the races...I don't know though...I'll get to see how it all works when I make it to my first race...

I think the best way to promote the worcs series would be through magazines, websites, and at other races!

Have any of you ever filmed the series and put it up? I know quadjunkies has...I actually liked watching the videos..especially the ones from Worcs...gives you a good look at the track...

I will actually be doing some journalism for the at least one magazine this year. Exposure is what its all about and the magazines are just one way.

I keep my videos on file on my site hoping others will take notice of the series. We talk about it to all our sponsors we deal with so I know there are companies out there that do know about this.

I actually contacted a few companies hoping to get them out here, but most are rapped up in the GNCC.

WORCS is slowly growing and so is the companies recognition, I remember three years ago the sizes of the classes and the series is doing well for quads only series! :) If we can just keep up the Race Coverage that will be a BIG help.;)

WORCS 133
12-28-2005, 08:54 AM
My wife and I will be at every WORCS race this year as we are doing full race coverage for somebody. As for video's a guy that I race with put together a Huevos style DVD called "QuadJockies" well he was at several WORCS events this year and is putting together another DVD with WORCS Footage. Those of you who were at the awards banquet got to see a sample of it. Name and release date are yet to be determined, when I get that info I will pass it along.

As for classes and quads I will be running Stock A on a Z400 for now, and Open A and 30 A on a Raptor.

My wife will be running Women's B/C on a YFZ, (which was my quad until she rode it in Moab:blah: )

WORCSYFZ199
12-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll be there for sure! WORCS is the best series, I've been racing it since 03 and it's great. I'll be trying to make all the races this year and I'm running Production A and Pro-am so it should be sweet! :-)

adrenalinefreak
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I have great GREAT freakin news guys. I got the job and even better I got a job I know I am going to enjoy plus I have the weekends off for the most part (which is what I was really worried about, with racing). So I will be able to attend the Worcs series....especially now that I will have money!!!

Not to mention I am working at a cool place!!!

Just wanted to spread my good news...

QuadJunkies
12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
I have great GREAT freakin news guys. I got the job and even better I got a job I know I am going to enjoy plus I have the weekends off for the most part (which is what I was really worried about, with racing). So I will be able to attend the Worcs series....especially now that I will have money!!!

Not to mention I am working at a cool place!!!

Just wanted to spread my good news... Congrat,s I too now FIANLLY have off wk ens, its getting ALL the time off to attend the day or so BEFORE and driving time back thats gonna be tough:ermm: I wish I liked my job...Its just that.. A JOB

lol

adrenalinefreak
12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah...I hear ya...I haven't started yet...that is tomorrow, but I think I'll like it...I'll be working at powersports store/dealer so that will be awesome!!!

As for the weekends...I'm glad I have them off...so far I plan on only racing in one class...might up it to two, but for now just one...so I'm not too worried about being able to get there and back...but that is a great point!!

I guess we'll find out if it's a problem...
I'll be working Monday through Friday..

d kelley
12-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Good luck freak with your new job, and remember the 1st day isnt to soon to ask for some sponsorship! see you at the races.

adrenalinefreak
12-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Dkelley...you and I are thinking alike! Been thinking about it...they are actually one of the Worcs Series Sponsors....

The only thing is I don't think I'll be able to ride out with you for Phoenix...I will be working Monday-Friday until at least 5 or 6pm...and I remember you saying you will be leaving at 7am...

Not sure what's going to happen...hopefully I'll see you guys out there!