PDA

View Full Version : Numbers on your Chest protector for racing

adrenalinefreak
12-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Worcs states that ATVs need to have their number on their chest protectors and/or jersey...so my question is how did you guys put them on?

I have the Thor Force Protector...and the back is kind of different (it sticks up) so do they sell plates to put on the back or should I just stick it on the back?

Also...does the number on your jersey and/or chest protector replace the number on your grab bar...meaning usually they want your number displayed on the rear of the quad as well...so wondering if you have to have both (on your back and on the grab bar?

Do you need to buy a plate to put your numbers on...or will they just stick right onto your quad and stay put? I have a 400ex...just looking for a heads up...so there are no surprises on race day...

CannondaleRider
12-27-2005, 12:30 AM
You'll need to buy front and rear number plates for your quad, and also yellow backgrounds(Womens B/C class is yellow). You'll be using Black numbers too.

As for the chest protector number. You can either buy a generic plate, and zip-tie it to the protector. Or spend a little more money, and support one of my sponsors ;)

Race Signs (http://www.racesignsmx.com)

Really gives a professional look.

I'm pretty sure you have to have front and rear numbers on your quad ALONG with a number on your back, but i'm not completely sure about that.

400grl
12-27-2005, 11:50 AM
If you aren't signing up for the whole series, you get temporary numbers at every race - that's what I do. They are just stickers adn you stick them on the front/rear of your quad and on your chest protector. That way you don't have to buy numbers.....if you are sure you are racing the series, then you will want to buy your own numbers......and use the number they assign for you for the series. You can call the ladies at WORCS and ask them anything - they are really nice....

CannondaleRider
12-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
You can call the ladies at WORCS and ask them anything - they are really nice....

Your spot on about that, Pepper is about the only one i've talked to, and she's extremely nice, and helpful

adrenalinefreak
12-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks...I'll check out your sponsors setup.

At this point I am not sure how many of the races I will be able to make it to...if it was up to me and I had all the money I needed I would be doing all of them!

I'm trying to find the funds to do the first race, but not if it will all work out or not...I still have a few weeks to get stuff together!

adrenalinefreak
12-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I have a question for Cannondale...

Do the colors on the protector plate have to be the same setup (colorwise) as the numbers and backgrounds?

For instance, would I have to get black letters with yellow outline?

They look sweet! I haven't decided which one I am going to go with...what would suck is racing in another race and having a different number! Oh well...I'll pretty much only be doing Worcs.

The prices don't seem that bad either..unless I'm reading them wrong...

Thanks again Cannondalerider...

markk
12-27-2005, 03:05 PM
decal works out of Illinois has a custom molded number plate for that chest protector. I have that chest protector and there number plate for it fits perfectly and attatches with 4 plastic screws that are supplied. It comes with your name and number already applied.

adrenalinefreak
12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by markk
decal works out of Illinois has a custom molded number plate for that chest protector. I have that chest protector and there number plate for it fits perfectly and attatches with 4 plastic screws that are supplied. It comes with your name and number already applied.

Do they have a website? CannondaleRider pointed me to race signs and they look pretty sweet and they don't cost that much...

I am pretty much waiting until I sign up so I can get my number and then look at ordering my plate...

CannondaleRider
12-27-2005, 08:40 PM
If you have a certain number that you want, your favorite number, or whatever. You can register online for your 2006 Membership, and Pepper will give you a call about setting up a number.

She'll either just give you one, or check if the one you want is available.

Either way, this would give you time to get a backplate setup for Round 1. Instead of rigging up a temporary one, until you get a nice one ordered.

And about the color deal. I'm sure you would need to setup the same colors that WORCS has for that class.