PDA

View Full Version : When to adjust valves on a 400 EX?

timewass
07-01-2002, 02:35 PM
I just got a 400 EX a few days ago. How do you know when the valves need to be adjusted? Should you just go ahead and do it every once in a while just to make sure things are within spec. or should there be an indication I should be looking for?

Tommy 17
07-01-2002, 02:47 PM
hey man u live like 20 mins from me... i am in northern cambria(old barnesbro and spangler)... if u ever wanna ride tell me... i will go... if u have aol pm me TOMMY 400EX 21

i have to adjust my valves about once a year

timewass
07-01-2002, 02:53 PM
I see that. I'm pretty familar with Northern Cambria. I usually just ride in Nanty Glo. There are dumps on both sides of town with trails connecting the two. I'de like to go riding someday. Oh... and I don't have AOL anymore. I ditched it for cable internet.

I think I may adjust mine tonight just to be sure they are in spec. I'm the 2nd owner of this 2001 EX and I don't know when they were done last. It runs great, I just don't want a break down.

Tommy 17
07-01-2002, 03:14 PM
well if u ever wanna come down tell me... i will go riding... i got pretty many trails here... wish i had cable haha... we still got the old 56ks here... u can still have aol just down load instant messenger... lots of us are on it...

yeah i would adjust them then...