PDA

View Full Version : iPod?

hondaidontknow2
12-26-2005, 07:42 PM
I have a question for all of you with an iPod here.

I currently have near 1,300 songs on my iPod. Each time I hook up USB to my computer and iPod, iTunes opens, but that is supposed to happpen. Now, once iTunes opens, it checks for any new songs in iTunes. After iTunes checks for any new songs, it always updates my iPod with the same songs. It doesn't add the same songs a second time, it just scans through the songs, if that makes sense.

My question is: how do I keep iTunes from scanning all of my old songs? I'd like to figure out how to open iTunes and just have it add the newest songs in iTunes to my iPod.

I've had this problem for about a month now. It is the 30GB Video iPod, if that helps any.

Thank you!

Sjorge450R
12-26-2005, 08:00 PM
go to Edit-Preferences

then go to the Advanced tab

then unclick copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library.

if that doesnt work let me know.

hondaidontknow2
12-26-2005, 08:21 PM
...that did work. Thank you :).

I have just one more question. Is there a way to delete the all of my current songs in iTunes, while still managing to keep them on my iPod each time I connect it to add more new songs?

dangle
12-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by hondaidontknow2
...that did work. Thank you :).

I have just one more question. Is there a way to delete the all of my current songs in iTunes, while still managing to keep them on my iPod each time I connect it to add more new songs?

Once you've turned off that automatic update feature itunes won't add/delete anything unless you do it yourself....

Mike