PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 110.....

emaxxjeremy
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
i read the review on the redcat sfx110 on this site and it looks to be a decent mini.
i was browsing the site and see an sx110, fx110, and a v110...whats the difference?
i like the looks of the v110, but i'm not sure of its make...
i would like to stick to the 4 bolt wheel pattern as it seems it would be easier to find new wheels/tires...also would like to stick to something i can get aftermarket parts for

emaxxjeremy
12-26-2005, 04:14 PM
after looking at the redcat website i see the v-110 offered by kidatvs.com looks to be a redcat vx-110....why is the picture on the kidsatv site altered to block out the redacat logo?
site photo
http://www.kidatvs.com/RedCat/images/vx110angle.jpg
redcat site photo
http://www.redcatmotors.com/images/vx110angle.jpg

400grl
12-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by emaxxjeremy
i read the review on the redcat sfx110 on this site and it looks to be a decent mini.
i was browsing the site and see an sx110, fx110, and a v110...whats the difference?
i like the looks of the v110, but i'm not sure of its make...
i would like to stick to the 4 bolt wheel pattern as it seems it would be easier to find new wheels/tires...also would like to stick to something i can get aftermarket parts for

Hi!! I might be able to help a little......I believe the SX110 is a shorter version (seat height is lower) than the FX110. I have the SX110's for my kids.....the FX110 is the exact same quad, just taller. The v110 I believe is a Redcat quad, not a Kazuma. Kazuma makes the SX110 and the FX110, but Redcat also sells the Kazuma quad under Redcat. From what i have heard on the v110, that's actually MADE by Redcat and sold by them, as well, as oppsed to being a Kazuma quad and sold under Redcat's monicer. Does that make sense? And from the specs, it looks as though the differences are the v110 has dual a-arms up front, is about 6 inches wider and about 1 inch taller in seat height than the sx110 - which means it will be shorter than the FX110 in seat height. It also has a rear tail light, which the Kazuma SX and FX 110's does not.

The v110 sounds like a good quad, especially due to it's wider stance and dual a-arms up front. I wish I had a chance to check one of those out - but those are prettty new and weren't out when we bought ours.

As for aftermarket parts.....there just aren't many out for these quads - they aren't race quads, so there isn't a market really for upgrades and performance mods. I am looking for some little paddle tires for ours for next season.....I just read on another thread that the Raptor 80 rear bolt pattern is also a 3 bolt pattern, wonder if it would match up? If not, I have also heard the Honda mini's share the same tire/ rim size as the 110's. I have seen wheel spacers out there for mini's - I was going to call a few places and check them out.........would be nice to get them a little wider.

Hope that helps a little!! :)

spliffy
02-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Can't believe I missed this post, or I would have responded earlier. The reason for the Redcat name being blurred out & the model being a V110 instead of a VX110 is because Redcat has Min advertise pricing on their atvs, I am WAY below that & the way to get around is to blur out there logo & change the model name.... then I can sell for whatever I want to, even being below their lowest advertised price. When you buy a V110 from us, you are getting a Redcat VX110, same holds true for all the models we sell that are Redcats... you will see the name & model changes to get lower price.