PDA

View Full Version : DG nerfs

thorspapa
09-26-2001, 10:17 PM
I'm looking for a picture showing the DG Race-Peg nerfs for the 400EX, I want to compare them to the AC Pro Pegs (I know what THOSE look like, I have them on my 250R). If anyone can direct me to a site that has a picture, I'd be grateful, even more so if you can tell me of a reliable dealer that has them at a reasonable price.

AlaskaSpeed
09-26-2001, 10:37 PM
DG pro peg nerfs were discontinued months ago...I know, I tried to get some and found out after my dealer checked for me. Always nice when a dealer knows less than you....JIM

thorspapa
09-26-2001, 10:51 PM
Wow, that's good to know. I saw that Nacs had them advertised, but without the picture. Thanks for the reply.:)

AlaskaSpeed
09-26-2001, 10:58 PM
You are welcome. Just thought I would save you the agony I went through waiting for a part that never has a chance of getting shipped..........JIM

kat400ex
09-26-2001, 11:24 PM
hi, dont know much about dg nerfs but terry would so email him and ask him.....a/c with foot guards are 179.95 on his site and you get a discount if you from exrider.com he is a pretty cool guy and shipping if free too.......he keeps them in stock....good luck. marcumsatvs@hotmail.com

bsr
09-26-2001, 11:47 PM
Kat400ex, You advertise marcumsatv in everyone of your posts. I mean DAMN, do you like get comissions ?? LOL

:D

kat400ex
09-26-2001, 11:58 PM
no commission..... but he is a real good friend of ours ..........anything to help a friend......good nite

knighttime
09-27-2001, 07:31 AM
Yeah, Marcums is a cool shop so dont rip on it. Terry has the best prices around and also has free shipping and 5% discounts to members of Exriders.com

AlaskaSpeed
09-27-2001, 09:18 AM
Terry never replied back to me about any kind of shipping deal for us up here in Alaska. I didn't expect free, but when someone tells you they are going to check into something for a potential customer and doesn't....well, that doesn't scream customer service as far as I am concerned. We already get that kind of service from dealers up here.......what happened??? JIM

thorspapa
09-27-2001, 12:34 PM
Thanks to all for your input. It's much apreciated.:)

MARCUMS ATV
09-27-2001, 07:14 PM
Jim, I can almost appreciate where you are coming from. You love to ride but shipping is a real problem there. As I told you in my last e mail to you I was currently changing over my bulk of shipping to FEDEX and they were going to work with me on getting a better deal to folks like you in remote areas. One of the requirements was for them to monitor my shipping progress to see if the discounts were going to be feasable for us both. I was never given a time limit. I have been with them for about a month now and expect a report any day along with new costs due to the amount of business I am doing with them. Maybe what you should do is order something and see what kind of customer service you get. While I am not perfect, I am an honest guy with my customers best interest in mind.

Terry
Marcums ATV:huh

AlaskaSpeed
09-27-2001, 07:40 PM
Terry,
I am not sure you took my post correctly. I am in management for a major retailer and that is why I expect so much service from people I do business with. I remembered your email saying that you were going to be switching over, I just expected a follow up; and didn't know it would take this long. I am not knocking your customer service from an order filling standpoint, I was talking about keeping me in the loop. I just find it is always better to get back in touch with someone instead of them getting back in touch with me. I know the customers I deal with daily are always happy and surprised with that type of follow through. I also would love to order something from you and find out what kind of service you give, but the shipping comes back into play...kind of a vicious circle I guess. JIM

knighttime
09-27-2001, 09:52 PM
Hey Alaska, why dont u order something and see what happens. I bet you will get it sooner than u think. That way you will know that Marcums is an awesome shop. Go for it.

AlaskaSpeed
09-28-2001, 10:02 AM
Knight,
I am in no way doubting Marcumsatv pricing or whether or not I would get an item in a fast manner. I was talking about something else. If you read my prior reply, you will see that. JIM

knighttime
09-28-2001, 11:26 AM
Then what's the problem? You order, u get part shipped. Very EZ indeed:cool:

AlaskaSpeed
09-28-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX
Terry never replied back to me about any kind of shipping deal for us up here in Alaska. I didn't expect free, but when someone tells you they are going to check into something for a potential customer and doesn't....well, that doesn't scream customer service as far as I am concerned. We already get that kind of service from dealers up here.......what happened??? JIM

Knight,
Now, maybe you will see the problem. I have NO problem ordering parts from up here. IT IS THE SHIPPING COSTS. This goes back to where Terry was nice enough to offer FREE shipping on orders, I emailed him about whether or not that applied to Alaska. He emailed back that he had to check into it. Alot of time had passed without me hearing back, so thus; my post. I was in limbo, that equals frustration. If you don't understand my point after this, then I can't help you...just quit suggesting that I just order and see how happy I am with the service, because that IS NOT the issue I brought up. JIM

knighttime
09-28-2001, 02:28 PM
I still dont c it, but more importantly i dont care anymore.:huh

AlaskaSpeed
09-28-2001, 06:10 PM
The reason you don't see it is because I can't explain it to you on a preschool level......best if you leave your opinion out of things you are not capable of understanding.....JIM

Guy400
09-28-2001, 06:21 PM
Seems pretty simple to me. If you go to your dealer and ask to order a part and the guy tells you that it's not in right now and he'll get back with you wouldn't you expect a phone call? The point is Jim shouldn't have had to call Marcum's for his answer. Not that it's a big deal and Jim wasn't telling others not to order from them. Why would Jim blindly order from Marcum's if he still doesn't know the situation with shipping? Would you order from someone that offered "free shipping" and then not quite be sure if you're going to be billed for shipping or not? I doubt it. I don't want to speak for Jim but I doubt he's got a problem ordering from Marcum's if he gets his answer about the shipping.

AlaskaSpeed
09-28-2001, 06:26 PM
Guy,
Once again you are the voice of reason. Are we the only smart ones here? Anyway, you hit the nail on the head. Shipping prices is what the whole point was. I am tired of paying more for shipping than the original part ordered cost. Thanks again, Guy; I was beginning to think I was all alone..........JIM