PDA

View Full Version : WV Where are the most trails and riders?

yellow400ex05
12-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, its seems that my dad will retire in the very near future and he said that we can move to Virginia or NY state, And I chose Virginia. We are going to look for a good place to live in the spring.

We were thinking about moving to where Kentucky NC and WV Tennesee borders are. Right near the Bristol area I think. I think there are a few state parks around that area too.

Also post the name of the trails or parks near or in Virginia

Hon300ex
12-26-2005, 10:28 AM
id go to new york state theres so much riding up there....

Bush0102
12-26-2005, 02:20 PM
my aunt lives in abingdon, about 15 minutes from bristol. There are a few state parks up there that allow ATVs, but in reality you'll only have to drive a couple hours to get to some of the best riding in the country- windrock near knoxville (72,000 acres of trails) and of course hatfield. Knoxville is about an hour and a half from there and i think hatfield is about 3.

TheFontMaster
12-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
id go to new york state theres so much riding up there....

Yea ok:ermm: I wish there was. Good choice moving to by west virginia. The Hatfield/Mcoy trails are there, and that is just about the biggest trail system in the country I think.

nowukno
12-26-2005, 08:21 PM
We usually go to the "wagon wheel/pinnacle creek" in mcdowell county west virginia. Awesome trails and food , gas etc.

Here are a couple web sites for ya.....

http://www.wagonwheelpinnaclecreek.com/

http://pinnaclecreekatvcampground.com/

yellow400ex05
12-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanx for the info, maybe some of us should meet so I could make some new riding friends since most of my riding friends are pot heads and ditch me and my brothers all of the time. Not all of my friends are mean tho some are chill.

Allen
12-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Hatfield Mccoys have a lot of trails....here is their website. www.trailsheaven.com

They have trailheads in Pinnacle Creek near Virginia all the way to Charleston, WV. They don't interconnect though.

414exredneck
12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm heading out to WV tom. I love the riding. I like WV simply because quads are legal on the roads. I'm gonna be around the Auburn area. anyone else gonna be ridin' around there?

4punksdad
12-28-2005, 05:11 PM
NY is the armpit of the east coast. Trust me, I left there in 1985. Move anywhere but there.