PDA

View Full Version : career?

bansheeguy
12-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey

I dont normally post here but i am intrestred in what your idea of a "Fun" career would be, other than a mechanic.

I am a machine operator and hate it. Same thing every day, 12 hours a day. Also hate working for a large company where you are basically meaningless.

Thanks

ZeroLogic
12-25-2005, 06:01 PM
the army :macho

Giz400ex
12-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Open up your own large company and treat your own employees like there meaningless:D

bluebaron
12-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Pilot for Fed ex, or UPS

12-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bluebaron
Pilot for Fed ex, or UPS thats me in 4 years ;) , getting an internship with UPS in Louisville

Wong Wei
12-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I would love to open shop for custom car. I have been designing graphic and exhaust pipe for powafol car like Honda Civic and Dodge Neon. I would offa part at very low price, because i make all part myself. I take earning back to China and become vedy wealty.

nosliw
12-25-2005, 10:19 PM
i'm hoping to either open a restaurant or a quad track (maybe dirtbikes can have a small section ;) )

Atkins
12-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Mercenary

cant think of a funner job than a soldier of fortune.

Mxjunkie
12-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Auto Body, I love it..

beerock
12-26-2005, 01:20 AM
audio video industry(home theaters)

yellow400ex05
12-26-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
i'm hoping to either open a restaurant or a quad track (maybe dirtbikes can have a small section ;) )

ahh just make it all quads, dirtbikes get most of the glory most of the time anyways!:grr:

just like what happened at roush creek.

anyway back on topic.

MOFO
12-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by beerock
audio video industry(home theaters)

This is still my dream job. You dont happen to have any connections out in Pittsburgh? :cool:

jwick07
12-26-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm in a situation right now with work that I want out of also. I'm the general manager of a Comfort Inn. I work at least 50 hours a week and get paid for 40 many weeks its closer to 60. The work is not demanding but can be just stressful from dealing with the general public that even when they are as wrong as wrong can get are still right. Then I'm really at the mercy of my employees. Its not like the resort hotels or even a holiday inn like I used to work at. I am the main 7-3 desk clerk 5 days a week, I do payroll, scheduling, account payable, sells, group bookings, accounting, staffing, much of the maintance. So when people just dont show up for work I dont have many employees to call help out and then I get to work more hours on top of what I already am. I work in a mainly all military town so the help sucks, they come they go. They get phone calls and they have to be on post in 30 mins no matter what. I also hate being behind a desk now. It didn't bother to much last year but now I cant stand it. I have become the most out of shape that I have ever been in my life, not fat just out of shape physically. I love being outdoors and I have a degree in Criminal Justice so last week I started the process of applying to become a State Park Ranger. There are two state lakes 30 mins from my house. Starting pay is $18.05 and I'm hoping with my college degree I will get to start a little higher but hey if not that is still about $3.00 more than I make an hour plus this job that I have now has almost no benifits and the state park jobs have them all. So I pray that in a few months I will be working a new job.

Out_Sider
12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Some kind of office job, maybe a Lawyer?

AtvMxRider
12-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy
Hey

I dont normally post here but i am intrestred in what your idea of a "Fun" career would be, other than a mechanic.

Thanks

I have been a mechanic for almost 10 years and still can't find the fun in it:ermm:

DeerNuts
12-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
Some kind of office job, maybe a Lawyer?

He said fun.

Lawyers dont have fun. They derive their only pleasure from sticking it to people.

BUT, if you can stand the education and enjoy making tons of dough then go for it I guess.