PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to die when open the throttle.

45 lt80
12-25-2005, 05:28 PM
The other day we was broken in a new top end. When my son would give it gas it would want to die. I would start up & idle . Just pass 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle. It would want to die but if let off the gas it would not die. I take off the carb. and cleaned it. Put it back on and the samething. Then I check the ohm reading on the ignition coil 11.5k . Then check stator coil 155 ohms. Both are in out of spect. I'm I looking in the right area. I was having the same problem before I put on the top end. That is when I did a compression test and had a low compression. Has a clean air filter. Any more ideals on that it could be. Or both of the ignition coil & stator coil Or is it fuel problem ... 45lt80:confused:

QuadJunkies
12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 45 lt80
The other day we was broken in a new top end. When my son would give it gas it would want to die. I would start up & idle . Just pass 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle. It would want to die but if let off the gas it would not die. I take off the carb. and cleaned it. Put it back on and the samething. Then I check the ohm reading on the ignition coil 11.5k . Then check stator coil 155 ohms. Both are in out of spect. I'm I looking in the right area. I was having the same problem before I put on the top end. That is when I did a compression test and had a low compression. Has a clean air filter. Any more ideals on that it could be. Or both of the ignition coil & stator coil Or is it fuel problem ... 45lt80:confused:
are you running a bigger piston this time around?? Do you have the propoer gaskets(squish) with your kit?? That will make a BIG difference on the Comp. and check the clearance too. I know we changed pistons in ours and have been playing around with dif. gaskets to get the Comp. to where we wanted it and its working

Billy Holt
12-25-2005, 10:16 PM
This could be a problem associated with it before the new top end was installed or else you bent a ring during installation.

phatlt250r
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Recently I had the some what similar problem I ended up having to go with a larger jet. Some quick indicator is to move the circlip down and move the needle up. If this starts to help I would suggest looking at a larger main jet, that fixed my sputter problem at top and mid top speed. The LT felt like it wanted to die once i let off the gas it would idle fine. Let me know if that is the fix for it.

maggiesboy
01-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Cracked reed petal?

LT80
01-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Another guy went thru this a cpl weeks ago. His was a top end sputter and was the stock spark plug cap.
I don't think this is a jet problem, unless the main jet is really plugged bad (but it's supposedly clean).
FYI: when I checked the ohms on the cdi/coil, it was 175 and 180 (checked 2).
Removing the flywheel and sanding the stator/flywheel has helped this also, sometimes they are crudded/rusted up.
We'll go from there. :)

Logan #34's Dad
01-19-2006, 02:45 AM
I had the same ploblem w/ my boy's quad. It turned out to be the coil. It would idle then the longer it ran it would bog when he gave it full throttle - Lost a couple races cause of this! I was told to check all the things in this thread. Spend the money and buy a coil if thats not it then you will need it sometime. (Borrow one just to check!) As far as the carb - If your plug is good then leave it alone!
Good Luck, Rocky D.

LT80
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
ACK!! SORRY!! I checked the stator, not the CDI/coil. :(
Me bad