PDA

View Full Version : bubbles in my tank

barkbuster350r
12-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I just finished completely rebuilding an 86r that I bought. New crank, rod, main bearings, resleeved cylinder, and piston. So I'm breaking the motor in "thanks Beerock" and I notice that my radiator is low so I top it off while the bike is idleing but when I blurp the throttle I noticed bubbles in the radiator, put the cap on and warm the bike up and its bubbling in the resevoir tank. I thought it might just be air in the hose between it and the radiator. But it continues to bubble. So it must be that the head gasket is leaking right. It has a stock head that has been rechambered. I bought a complete gasket set off ebay and it came with a three piece metal head gasket, I cut it apart and just used the 2 thin outer pieces. I also cleaned the head and cylinder very well and did not notice any damage, then sprayed a liberal coating of permatex copper spray on the gaskets.

Has anyone else had this problem, do I need to try a different gasket. Any help

Thanks, Brad

beerock
12-26-2005, 12:41 AM
you either have to run the thin gasket by itself or the inner one with permatex copper spray. the two thin ones sound like they could possibly be leakin def. I havent heard of anyone running the 2 thin ones, they have some weird shape to them. also, i dont trust any gaskets but the hondas for the motor.

GOTFEAR
12-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Is it bubbles or vibration. i had the same problem when i reved it up it looked like bubbles but it was vibration making the bubbles