PDA

View Full Version : what class to race in?

Nausty
07-01-2002, 02:31 AM
I havn't raced quads before because i'm not 16 and I havn't payed attention to quad races when i rode dirt bikes so I don't know what class i'm gonna have to start out at and what the competition is like in the c class. All the tracks I ride at I have no problem keeping up with dirt bikers and i've only had a couple of quads that are pretty equel on the mx track I ride at and they are both highly modified one was a 400ex with tcs shocks, wider a-arms and axle and I know he had a pipe and a bunch of other things and the other was a banshee with the parts book thrown at it and I definitely don't have a problem keeping. Sorry if it sounds like i'm bragging but I have been thinkign about this for a long but I guess my question is is like what kinda of quads would I be racing against in the c class and I don't think I wanna race in the b class on a full blown mx course because I know I will pry get to caught up in trying place high riding on the track for the first few times the race day and it being my first quad race so how fast are the top riders in the c class? I will probably on race c class a couple of times but I don't wanna race against blasters either.

400exBro
07-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Next year i am going to race so all what i do this year is go to the races and watch every class and see how tuff or easy the class will be, useally the c class is the easyist, if i were you go out to the track and watch every class closely and see what the comp. is like....
also i have learned that riding with faster guys pushs you to go faster and helps you to gain more confiedence in your self, maybe try racing in a higher class than you suspect your self racing in...
get it ????
Bro

trx400ex
07-01-2002, 10:10 AM
it depends on the track, yesterday, i raced a 2 stroke b class, there were some good riders, then on other tracks the A riders were equal to the B riders on a diffrent track, only thing thats reall consistent is nationals, and i guess district races, just go with C beacuse your first year is going to be a huge learning experience..if you do good go up a class until its really hard

Nausty
07-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Next year i am going to race so all what i do this year is go to the races and watch every class and see how tuff or easy the class will be, useally the c class is the easyist, if i were you go out to the track and watch every class closely and see what the comp. is like....
also i have learned that riding with faster guys pushs you to go faster and helps you to gain more confiedence in your self, maybe try racing in a higher class than you suspect your self racing in...
get it ????
Bro
yeah I will probably just see what my competition is like and then and get use to racing quads racing c for a couple of races and then just ride for b class.

yamaha1470
07-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I havn't raced quads before because i'm not 16

Arent you gunna be riding pe-wee? Unless its a private track. How strict are they by you b/c a lot of places by m are very very strict.

Nausty
07-01-2002, 10:21 PM
we have asked a round a lot of tracks and none of them will let me ride. The reason is because if you get hurt on a quad and you are under 16 you can sue them for everything they got at least thats what one guy said who owned a race track.

airheadedduner
07-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Over here no matter what age you are they don't care. My friend is 13 and he races what they call the 250 modified class on his hopped up R. Last race he did 11 out of about 30. His brother is like 10 and raced a 250x in the thumper class against 400EX, raptors, and some YZ bikes and finished like 17 out of 24 or 25. They just make you sign a waver. I would give up lenient restrictions for some of the racing action you right coast ppl get.

07-03-2002, 06:08 AM
all the tracks around me you can be what ever age u want and race ..ive seen a 5 year old kid riding on a blaster at one track im glad they dont enforce the age rule here..IM RACING TOMORROW!! saweet.i post my results and some pictures

BigThumper33
07-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey Nausty,
You live in Rhodes, IA? I live in Council Bluffs, IA and I haven't been to any racing around here that are even big enough in the quad classes to hold a C class. I have only raced in A & B classes because we never had enough guys to have a C class. You should have came and raced the Malvern, IA nationals on the 4th.

LEE314EX
07-07-2002, 11:48 PM
only real mx around here is in ceader rapids alot of flate tracks though

Nausty
07-08-2002, 01:54 AM
I dunno about that although I've never been to cedar rapids but i've been to a lot of other tracks. Man i can't wait tell 16 and is all I got to do is load the quad up into the back of the truck and drive 20 minutes and go riding at our track. That and RACING:D

Sick0
07-08-2002, 03:15 PM
I race at southwick and the fourstroke C top guys are definitly fast and there is alot of slow people in the class. I would recommend racing novice class. There is alot of thing to learn and get use to racing that you probly have no idea about. If you think the novice is to easy go to class B.

07-08-2002, 03:29 PM
try some open c, thats what i do, all sorts a thingys in there

BLURR250X
07-15-2002, 04:44 PM
I race District 5 in Pa and the quad classes aren't based on skill. There based on your engine size. B class is for all 2 stokes, C class is 351cc-open, and D class is 91cc-350cc.It might be different where u race.

trueblue450
07-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Nausty.

Iowa racing is set up in only Open A B and C classes. C classes consist of pretty easy classes. The other day at bluff I raced the 2002 C class Points Leader at Bluff creek. He had a 480 EX. He was nuts. He has won 14 outta 15 races. But I could keep up with him pretty decent. I'd say start in C class. If you kick everyones but(not likely) then you can easily bump up to B. Its better than getting stuck in B class and getting your butt kicked. Come to bluff sometime and I can tell you where youll set.

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 11:29 PM
I'm only 14 and my local tracks will let me race! I race in the quad B class!

The classes are:
Bikes A
Bikes B
Bikes C
Bikes Open
Bikes Enduro
School boy
Pee-wee
Quad A
Quad B
Quad Utility

There arent many classes for quads too choose from :(

Nausty
07-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
Nausty.

Iowa racing is set up in only Open A B and C classes. C classes consist of pretty easy classes. The other day at bluff I raced the 2002 C class Points Leader at Bluff creek. He had a 480 EX. He was nuts. He has won 14 outta 15 races. But I could keep up with him pretty decent. I'd say start in C class. If you kick everyones but(not likely) then you can easily bump up to B. Its better than getting stuck in B class and getting your butt kicked. Come to bluff sometime and I can tell you where youll set.

I think we are going this weekend depending on the temp cuz if its to hot we arn't gonna drive for a hour and half to tire in 2 or 3 hours. DId the guy with the 480 have white plastic? j/c because every time iv'e been to bluff their has only been a blue banshee decked out with chrome and a white 400ex modded out that could really beat me. I've had races where we race back and fourth and are passing a lot but its hard with all the dust when your coming from behind sometimes cuz I don't wear goggles cuz I got glasses.

Nausty
07-18-2002, 06:39 PM
bump

zzbudzz
07-20-2002, 06:51 PM
**** i've got to race guys thats been racing a while ,they got all the stuff hardly anything stock left on the quad.i guesss i 'll be a jam car ,huh .just some one to pass .:rolleyes: