PDA

View Full Version : RIMS!!! help me...

rookiex
12-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Ive been trying to get these tires off the 05 stock fronts with kenda klaws for ever tonight. 20x6x10 Im trying to get them off so I can mount them on new hipers.Ive tried everything ive takin out the stem tried to break the bead with a long jack, a vice with 2x4's over the tire next to the line of the bead.I just cant get it off.....

Anyone got some tips, anything I use just keeps slipping off or away from the tire so I can get the press I need to break the bead.

Crazy Diamond
12-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I've had that same problem and I have an atv tire changer. Frustrating!!! I just kept working at it until finally the bead popped. I had trouble with one and took it to a tire shop and they tore a big hole in the sidewall and it still didn't come off until I cut it off. They are sometimes better left alone or ya end up ruining them. Especially when you are doing what you are. To re-use them

brandon34r
12-24-2005, 10:03 PM
yeah, i atempted to do this to all 4,but then said screw it and i took it to a quad shop to get done.Only racked me 5 bucks so it was alot easier

Insanity18
12-26-2005, 08:39 AM
put the valve stem back in. i found it easier to break the bead with the stem in and very little air int the tire. this should help you out. remember just a little air. a pound or less.

rob-u/21
12-26-2005, 08:59 AM
What I do sometimes is leave the valve stem on with little air, then slowly run over the atv tire with my truck by placing it so that the atv wheel is just rubing with your car tire, what I mean is just go over the tire and barely miss your rim. You will need to do this with a truck or something with some ground clearance or else your atv tire will get stuck under your car. You might also want to place the atv tire on top of a towel or carton so that the wheel wount scratch.

sunco
01-01-2006, 07:55 AM
hey I had tires to be replaced on my kids 90's . The tire shop I think bent the rims. When I tried it on my own the tire would be all over the place. I got one of those bead breakers. still a pain. what about those tire holders I've seen on e-bay. Anyone recomending those? I'd like new tires but it seems I be better off to get new rims with them rather than killing the old tire. I change them winter/summer or track /trail.

Sjorge450R
01-01-2006, 11:49 AM
at least you know that you wouldnt have lost your tire riding...lol :blah:

Phills450r
01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
how the hell does everyone get their tires done so cheap... it was 39 bucks just to get my new front tires mounted on my rims... cheapest place i could actually find to..

Insanity18
01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
WAL-MART.............................................. ...... $10.00 FOR 2 TIRES TAKEN OFF RIMS AND NEW TIRES PUT ON. AGAIN.................WAL-MART

Phills450r
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
the tire places around here dont like to mess with atv tires cause its so hard to get off :-/

Insanity18
01-03-2006, 10:03 PM
walmart does mine. i had them put new rear tires on the other day. you might check with them.

cals400ex
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
my dealer charged $20 per tire also....

i do not believe walmart guarantees their work on aluminum wheels. if they bend, you may be out of luck. thats what i heard but i am not sure...

Insanity18
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
i have not had a problem at walmart, only incident i had was i had them take my sandstars off my wheels and put my dirt tires back on. they thought my sandstars were trash and they messed up one of the beads and ruined the tire. they paid me for the both the tires, so no problem here.. usually if they do the work they are liable for any damages. just my .02 good luck.

Phills450r
01-04-2006, 08:51 AM
i dont think my ****ty walmart do tires and **** but ill check ;) thanks

01 400EXer
01-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I think Wal-Mart would be a good place to try. They sell ATV tires and if they sell them, then they should be able to mount them.

01-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Phills450r
how the hell does everyone get their tires done so cheap... it was 39 bucks just to get my new front tires mounted on my rims... cheapest place i could actually find to..

it cost $8 a tire to get it done for me at a car shop.