PDA

View Full Version : She wont start.

Elduner
12-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok here is the run down.

I just replaced the Piston with a HH 12.25 I had a -4 TT flywheel but it would not produce spark. Replaced that with the OEM and she has a good old healthy spark now.

I got gas I got spark and there seems to be plenty of compresion. I have double checked the timing marks and they all lign up. Cam lobes to the rear gear on cam ligned up, Also the gear under inspection cover ligns up with the case mark.

I have replaced the park plug with a new one. Im running new gas.

Every once in a while she starts but immediatly dies.

HELP<<<<

RobRacing
12-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Try cleaning the carb

XChondaracer450
12-27-2005, 05:06 PM
well it wouldnt start if the timing was completely off but will start and not have an idle if it is a little bit off so check it again, then check to see the electrical stuff you had to take off to do the motor, if its not that then maybe its the jet size is too small and wont run with what piston is in it

RobRacing
12-27-2005, 05:43 PM
The timing mark on the cam sprocket should line up with the arrown on the cam holder ( located on the exhuast side). These mark should be lined up along with the crankshaft gear mark and the case. Another way to check the timing on the cam is that the two marks on the cam sprocket should be running parrell with the top of the head. The jet size won't matter to make it run, I've actually had machines running without carbs on them. It's just the wrong sizes will make the bike run bad.

Elduner
12-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I cleaned out the carb and installed a 180MJ due to higher compresion. So I know that all in there is fine. I had my CDI checked on a friends bike and thats not the problem.

Im going to recheck everything tonight.

It seems that if I let the bike sit for a while (2-3 hours) and then I go and try to kick her over she wants to start but as soon as she starts she will die again and I can continue to kick and nothing after that. If I let her sit again and try again she will do the same thing.

I have a 48 pilot, HRC needle in the 3rd slot and 180MJ.

RobRacing
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Try checking the stator. If you have a service manula there is a section in there that gives you the the ohm numbers, and what wires to check.