PDA

View Full Version : Tires

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
06-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Are holeshot xcrs good for a little mud or are maxxis razrs any good for mud? i want a good trail riding slash racing tire. sometimes i go through alot of mud though!! give me ur .02 cents!

thanx
chris

cdalejef
06-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Either of those tires will be great for the kind of riding you do. I would recomend the XC's or XCT's tho cause the XCR are a little on the short side.

Ex'r Marlin
07-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Are you going from stock tires to aftermarket?

Are you planning on racing MX or XC?

If this is your first set of aftermarkets, and you plan on doing a lot of trail riding and some XC racing, both the Maxxis Raz'rs and ITP Holeshots are great. (Note, there are other brands out there too).

If you want a tire that is close to the diameter of your stocker, the ITP XCR is very close to the same diameter. But like Jeff said, I to would recommend the ITP XC which is also a 20" rear tire that has a little larger diameter than the stocker and the XCR. You can also get the 20" Maxxis Raz'rs..... Personnal preference. If you are going to do a lot of trail riding and XC races, you may want to consider the 22" rear tires like Jeff commented. These will give you a considerable amount of ground clearence, but they will change your current handling conditions around turns. In some races, you may go through a lot of mud, and then you would be happier with the taller tire to get you out of there!

Good luck with your decision!