PDA

View Full Version : HRC 06er variances???

wildheer
12-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Those of you who have the HRC installed in a 06 450r please respond. I will be installing mine soon and like what everyone is saying about the results. The kit's instructions do not address having the lid on or off or changing or covering the stock filter in any way. Do you have to run with the lid off for it to work correctly after the HRC install? I have heard others are modifying them or buying special ones and others are just putting outerwears on the filter and leaving it open. I would like to cut down on the maintainence of cleaning the filter constantly but more importantly i would like to be able to cross fairly deep water without the fear of sucking water. Also, i have heard differences in the jetting and adjusting from people on here. The directions seem specific and there is only one set of parts to use. Honda is telling you what to use and how to use it to install the HRC correctly. Why are people doing different things? It also says to install everything because it works as a total kit. Leaving anything may result in worsening the performance. I have heard some people installing just the jet and pipe without the cam. How is that possible? Anyone who can, list what you installed if it varies from the actual kit and why

Dave400ex
12-24-2005, 09:00 PM
The jetting differences could be different just because of where you live. I think most people are using the whole kit, but some will be getting rid of the HRC header/stock exhaust setup, and going for the whole aftermarket exhaust. Also I do believe running with the lid off is the way most have gone. Check out the EHS Racing lid. It's like running with no lid, but will stop the water and big mud, etc...

eagertorace
12-25-2005, 09:46 PM
you must run without the lid on the hrc kit. I'm gonna get a Uni filter and possibly the EHS lid for extra protection. I'll not be running k&n filters anymore, they let dirt in, IMO. And yes I serviced my filters quiet often.
And after the install (hrc kit), it runs flawlessly.

KRMit
12-25-2005, 11:00 PM
So Honda actually designed the kit with the intention of ditching the stock lid?

C&D offers Outerwear slip on covers that go over the airbox. At $20 it's a lot better deal than the $95 EHS lid.

eagertorace
12-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
So Honda actually designed the kit with the intention of ditching the stock lid?

C&D offers Outerwear slip on covers that go over the airbox. At $20 it's a lot better deal than the $95 EHS lid.

I've used those slip on covers before and didn't like them, they attach with velcro. The velcro strips didn't last long and won't if you clean your filter often. With the EHS lid, all you have to do is remove the lid.

wildheer
12-26-2005, 06:22 PM
That was my questiopn KR. Honda makes no reference to how you are supposed to run the airbox/filter. The HRC instructions don't say ditch the lid or cover the filter or get a new filter or lid, etc.

310ESR
12-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey wild, here's my 2 cents. No lid, HRC head pipe and tip w/spark arrester 180 main, 48 pilot, 55 leak jet, accelorater pump set up like the book said, and zip ty air screw adjuster.
I live in central California 160 feet above sea level. :cool:

KRMit
12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by eagertorace
I've used those slip on covers before and didn't like them, they attach with velcro. The velcro strips didn't last long and won't if you clean your filter often. With the EHS lid, all you have to do is remove the lid. Actually C&D said they have an elastic band so they just slip over the airbox. I've seen the type you're talking about though.