PDA

View Full Version : headpipe question

blackisback06
12-24-2005, 04:23 PM
ok as many of u already know, i have a small problem, the slip on i ordered doesnt fit over my stock headpipe, should i just go ahead and order a new headpipe or should i try and figure out a way to make it fit? there is a bigger piece of metal over the end of my stock head pipe that makes the stock slip on fit over the headpipe,i wish i could find a way to get pics up here i will try and show u what im talking about. should i just order a different headpipe or have this one worked on?if so where could i get a cheap headpipe and it be worth the effort of ordering, im runnin on a VERY tight budget.

blackisback06
12-24-2005, 04:31 PM
this is what i was referring to

blackisback06
12-24-2005, 04:38 PM
here is another pic of it the slip on well it wont slip on.. lol does anyone else have this little piece on their factory headpipe? or is it just me?

blackisback06
12-24-2005, 09:56 PM
guess im the only one who has ever had this problem :confused:

Pappy
12-24-2005, 10:11 PM
is that piece removable or is this something with the 06's that has changed from 04/05 models? is it possible you recieved the wrong slip on?

i have access to an 06 but im sure someone else will chime in.

aroracer72
12-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Get a ehadpipe...not cause its easier..but because the stock headpipes are soo restrictive and thats were you gain a lot of power.
CHAD

QuadRacer041
12-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by aroracer72
Get a ehadpipe...not cause its easier..but because the stock headpipes are soo restrictive and thats were you gain a lot of power.
CHAD

i think if he gets a head pipe he will need a differnt silencer too.i thought the slip ons are differnt then a full system.

i think that you have the wrong slip on or who ever you ordered it from didnt know the 06 is differnt the previous years models.