PDA

View Full Version : January Quad of the Month poll

TheFontMaster
12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
There are some really nice quads this month, and it's gotta be my favorite month so far being all 250r's:cool: So here is the link to all of the contestants for this month.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198134

Sjorge450R
12-24-2005, 07:32 PM
font master, why arent you in this one?

TheFontMaster
12-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
font master, why arent you in this one?

My 250r isn't quite done. I have everything but a new CDI, but the rims didn't come in untill thursday, and the whole quad and new tires are in the shop where I could work on it with heat. And I don't plan on ever entering into the atvriders QOTM, I run it, and I don't think it's right entering the contest that I run. I know there are people that think it would some how be rigged:o

flying dutchman
12-25-2005, 02:56 AM
hiperEX got my vote that quad looks sick

jjthekj
12-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
There are some really nice quads this month, and it's gotta be my favorite month so far being all 250r's:cool: So here is the link to all of the contestants for this month.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198134

Have to agree with the font master on this one. This month is one of the hottest QOTMs I can remember. Changed my mind at least twice. :blah:

Mxjunkie
12-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Rich250RRacer got my vote

:macho

trx400exxracer
12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
I voted for Rich250RRacer

300exr
12-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Rawdeal has my vote

trick450r
12-26-2005, 07:25 AM
I hope everyone does the right thing and votes for the actually best built quad their...you got my vote beerock

Scro
12-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Rich250RRacer got my vote

;) ...with Rawdeal in a very, very close second.

440ex dragger
12-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I love Chefs bike, and I gotta back my fellow TT racers. Looks good and I bet no one can keep up can they Chef?

Rich250RRacer
12-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I think I might need a scantily clad little honey to win this, time to go recruit one and post some new pics:D

trx400exxracer
12-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I think I might need a scantily clad little honey to win this, time to go recruit one and post some new pics:D

you didn't have to have a babe on your quad it is sexy itself nice quad man

TheFontMaster
12-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer

I'm rootin for ya man!!!:cool:

660Grizz04
12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I voted Chefs bike , Looks sweet ....

Rich250RRacer
12-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm rootin for ya man!!!:cool:

Thanks, but I have to say all of 'em look good.

beerock
12-26-2005, 10:17 PM
how can anyone not like a stock R i think richs bike is in a category all its own

raw deal has a unfair advantage!!:blah:

chefs motor is all business I helped him piece that motor together but he did all the work. To bad PSI customer service sux if i knew they were like that I would have said forget it. but chef endeared and has one of the sickest R motors ever built.

I hope my bike previals though!

:devil: :macho

Rich250RRacer
12-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks Bee, that fliptop of yours really blows my mind.

J_bob_28
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
gotta love the completely stock 86....so nice and so much effort put into it....but yet some how he is behind in the votes :confused: :confused: :huh

trx400exxracer
12-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by J_bob_28
gotta love the completely stock 86....so nice and so much effort put into it....but yet some how he is behind in the votes :confused: :confused: :huh

I know:confused: I dont know why I hope the other people know we are voting for the quads and not the women :blah:

Chef
12-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the votes I did get...and yes, it runs very very well...

Broque, hit me on the AIM if you get a chance.

Chef
12-27-2005, 10:54 PM
That is on the wheely bar through the traps at 300ft.:cool:

beerock
12-27-2005, 11:35 PM
oh yea chef!

this is me on a 90 degree wall wheeling! :blah:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/atv/resizedsidehill.jpg

and on two side wheels:p

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/atv/DSCF0109.jpg

and no wheels! LOL

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/atv/beejump.jpg

lbz#7
12-28-2005, 03:56 AM
beerock has my vote:p

Rich250RRacer
12-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I know:confused: I dont know why I hope the other people know we are voting for the quads and not the women :blah:

Maybe somebody can photoshop her out of the pic:D

R3Concepts
12-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, all have great bikes, but theres just something about hot women on bikes.

fandl450r
12-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
Sorry guys, all have great bikes, but theres just something about hot women on bikes.

Well said.

12-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Its not like this girl is on some POS bike. This bike was built from the ground up with show quality detail, and top of the line components. If this bike was done in any other color then pink and did not have a girl on it nobody would be saying anything. Thanks for all of the compliments on the bike and the girl. Anyone could have put a girl on thier bike....no one else did. To change the rules in the middle of the vote because people in the contest complained is kinda lame. Do any other members besides the ones in the contest have a problem? I think alot of people on here are enjoying the photos?

R3Concepts
12-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by rawdeal
Its not like this girl is on some POS bike. This bike was built from the ground up with show quality detail, and top of the line components. If this bike was done in any other color then pink and did not have a girl on it nobody would be saying anything. Thanks for all of the compliments on the bike and the girl. Anyone could have put a girl on thier bike....no one else did. To change the rules in the middle of the vote because people in the contest complained is kinda lame. Do any other members besides the ones in the contest have a problem? I think alot o people on here are enjoying the photos?

Don't get mad, I don't think anyone is trying to flame on you..Its a decent bike, she just makes it better.

12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I am not mad.....Sorry if it comes across that way. I got a pm saying they are taking down the picture of the girl on the bike, and that they are changing the rules because contestants are complaining. Kinda lame to chande the rules in the middle of the contest. I think all of the bikes on here are great in their own way

1. stock is cool
2. drag bike has the bad motor and hp
3. the flip top is a legend and sweet ride
4. who has seen a girls bike done like this?

JUST DONT CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE, and then dont say you will use the photo of the girl if i win. If the photo was a problem you should have takin it out in the beginning .... thats all i am saying.

beerock
12-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I am not mad.....Sorry if it comes across that way. I got a pm saying they are taking down the picture of the girl on the bike, and that they are changing the rules because contestants are complaining. Kinda lame to chande the rules in the middle of the contest. I think all of the bikes on here are great in their own way

1. stock is cool

JUST DONT CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE, and then dont say you will use the photo of the girl if i win. If the photo was a problem you should have takin it out in the beginning .... thats all i am saying.

listen to you bro, look, honestly, its an unfair advantage. secondly this is about BIKES not women laying on them almost naked. theres a bunch of teens on here that see a pic with a girl and are like o man that bike is the best.

I havent once said anything about my bike except in my entry, because I believe in a fair contest. I would never talk anyones bike down either.but if your gonna talk about product quality, get your facts straight.

no one put a girl on the bike because its not about the girl.

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 11:52 AM

1. stock is cool

It is an alright quad, but if you wanted people to actually vote for your QUAD because of the work you put into it you shouldn't have put the pic of the girl on it

I din't complain or send anyone pm's about removing the pic because I think RIch250rracer could win this thing

I am deff. not hating pink is just not my color anyways good luck to you

12-28-2005, 11:54 AM
JUST DONT CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE, and then dont say you will use the photo of the girl if i win. If the photo was a problem you should have takin it out in the beginning .... thats all i am saying

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
JUST DONT CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE, and then dont say you will use the photo of the girl if i win. If the photo was a problem you should have takin it out in the beginning .... thats all i am saying

I agree the rules should have alread been changed if they thought it was a problem at the beggining but I hate it the people are actually saying they voted for the quad because of the girl. But this is a way of knowing in the future of what might be a problem next time we won't have a problem though:blah:

12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I think alot of people want to be cool by saying they voted for the girl, either way this bike is worthy of winning as are all of the other quads. This is all in fun ..... if i was the one without the photo of the girl on the bike i would have said to myself damn, not cried about it.

beerock
12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
You were the first person to ever put a girl on your bike in QOTM. im sure everyone else in the contest did not appreciate it. regardless if they said it or not. I will admit it, I said something about it.

if your bike was worthy of winning without the pic of your girl then why use it? your obviously old enough to know sex sells. trust me I could have a couple women lying on my bike with thongs for the contest, but would I do it? No way, its not fair. and it takes the emphasis off the bike.

APK400exRacer
12-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I think alot of people want to be cool by saying they voted for the girl, either way this bike is worthy of winning as are all of the other quads. This is all in fun ..... if i was the one without the photo of the girl on the bike i would have said to myself damn, not cried about it.
Just curious, what did she look like? Could i see the pic? :devil:

Cant decide between a few so damn hard.:mad:

beerock
12-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
I hope everyone does the right thing and votes for the actually best built quad their...

this is what QOTM is all about.

notice i edited it

12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Beeroc so you dont think this bike is good enough to win QOTM? Just so you know these pictures were not done for QOTM.....They were done for a photoshoot for fuelatv about 2 months ago. I have some real photos i would have used if i really wanted to win. This is a girls bike.... it is sick if you dont want to admit it then cool. The girl modeling on the bike just adds to the theme of the bike. May the best bike win......photos are down, and i dont think it really would have mattered anyway. The stock 250r is sick and may win.....if it had a girl on it it would have really blown us away huh?

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 01:28 PM
beerock you have an awsome bike and I enjoyed reading on every step you did on this bike it is deffinatley QOTM matterial and wish it had more votes than the pink bike

It was funny there was a thread a while back about some pink gear and there are so many people onhere that hate pink but I bet you they voted for the women:D

I hope either yours or Rich250rracer wins and chef has a nice bike

beerock
12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Beeroc so you dont think this bike is good enough to win QOTM? Just so you know these pictures were not done for QOTM.....They were done for a photoshoot for fuelatv about 2 months ago. I have some real photos i would have used if i really wanted to win. This is a girls bike.... it is sick if you dont want to admit it then cool. The girl modeling on the bike just adds to the theme of the bike. May the best bike win......photos are down, and i dont think it really would have mattered anyway. The stock 250r is sick and may win.....if it had a girl on it it would have really blown us away huh?

bro i never said that, I like your bike alot, its nice, if you had real photos or better photos then why not use them? as long as theres no women on it. this is about the bike not the women lying on it. I doubt rich would put a girl on his bike to win. Do you really think its fair to have a good lookin girl on your bike? Your old enough to know that sex sells right?

if you have better photos of it without women then please go ahead and post them in this thread.

trx00exracer, I appreciate you looking at my build up thread which is in my signature. the pcoat on the frame and motor just cant be appreciated through pics it jumps out at you in the sun. especially the polished parts with red flake in them. its really hard to see on a pic. can ya se here?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/atv/closeupcoverresized.jpg

12-28-2005, 01:45 PM
I meant i have more explicit photos i could have used. I am over it i could careless. The photo is gone i know alot of people enjoyed it . some voted for it beacuse of the girl...maybe but alot more voted aginst it because it is pink.

You did captue the glitter in you pc very well with the photo. The pink bike has glitter in it that pops too but could not capture it on the photos like you did. great job

trx400exxracer
12-28-2005, 01:49 PM
yes I like the sparkle I remember the thread when you had just the frame and a-arms on it I remember that nice sparkle and chrome a-arms and sub flip frame

TheFontMaster
12-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Alright the bickering ends here. All these quads in the contest are very nice, and deserve being in the contest. Rawdeal, your right, I should have waited untill the contest was over to change the rules. But taking that picture out was not anything against you, your wife, or her quad. Now like I said I welcome you to post more pictures of the quad, it's definaltley one of the nicest out there.

beerock
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I meant i have more explicit photos i could have used. I am over it i could careless. The photo is gone i know alot of people enjoyed it . some voted for it beacuse of the girl...maybe but alot more voted aginst it because it is pink.

You did captue the glitter in you pc very well with the photo. The pink bike has glitter in it that pops too but could not capture it on the photos like you did. great job

well i hear ya explicit is nice but you know what i would say, sex sells. you could send em my way though :P

raw deal what color flake? silver?

12-28-2005, 02:14 PM
My vote goes to raw.

Sweet bike raw, rich yours is pretty nice to for being restored and everything.

MXRACER86
12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
What the hell is with all the 250R's???????:eek2:

12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
BEEROCK the color is some pink color, then they go over it with a color called crimson red. its a three stage powder. That is the glitter crimson red, but it looks like pink glitter when laided over the pink base. I did the wifes 50 and go ped the same color. Is yours called ICE? I did my go ped green with ice over it and it looks killer also. Your photo show the glitter soooo well.

TheFontMaster
12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
What the hell is with all the 250R's???????:eek2:

Every other month from now on I'm doing a quad specific QOTM. 2 months ago it was z/kfx/dvx-400's. I also am planning to do a utility, another mini, and a 200cc-350cc sport class QOTM.

trick450r
12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Every other month from now on I'm doing a quad specific QOTM. 2 months ago it was z/kfx/dvx-400's. I also am planning to do a utility, another mini, and a 200cc-350cc sport class QOTM.

doing a 450 month? or do i have to enter next months regular qotm

beerock
12-28-2005, 03:02 PM
BEEROCK the color is some pink color, then they go over it with a color called crimson red. its a three stage powder. That is the glitter crimson red, but it looks like pink glitter when laided over the pink base. I did the wifes 50 and go ped the same color. Is yours called ICE? I did my go ped green with ice over it and it looks killer also. Your photo show the glitter soooo well.

my frame is a two stage super mirror red with a silver flake clear.

my cases are two stage super mirror black with a red flake clear.

all my polished parts are pcoated with the red flakes clear.

some people while lookin at my bike have jumped back and been like WTF theres tiny sprakles in your polished parts howd you do that? I think it blends in really well.

I used all columbia coatings pcoat

the hardest thing to get right was my quick change cover, had to be engraved wiith BWR then polished, then have the BWR logo acid etched into it and then pcoated. prolly took 15 hours on that one piece.

Rich250RRacer
12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll post a couple of the quad as it progressed....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/pafdf716df095292b1d1ed9dd839f7330/f55864b4.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p3465a27174fa9c3946ed106cacac65bb/f404b0fd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p7b161b4590e90473d95a30b8959c11ac/f404b0ff.jpg

One of that elusive LAST red tank

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/pa26421ee6d289678d11e42e73f93a07f/f3fb1e4f.jpg

And one with the rest of the herd

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid187/p47372a3585832fbea8af49e9a85cd493/f24c2299.jpg

poopsicle12
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
i prefer Rich250R's

sex
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
^definitely

R3Concepts
12-28-2005, 06:33 PM
This post is not intended to flame anyone so please do not take it that way...I believe raw kind of got the short end of the stick by the rules being changed..Although I cant imagine the money, and man hours involved in building/refurbishing a stock quad, especially a 250R, in the very beginning of all this, Fontmaster stated that no stock quads were allowed. Again I think rich's 250r is a work of art and truely worthy of this contest, but again its principal, you cant change the rules when you want, especially since its dead smack in the middle. Lets think of rawdeals picture as a marketing ploy and the rest of the members being, customers, he brought the bait( the fine ***** girl) and the rest bought it. Thats all. He's behind now, and truely any of these bikes can take it and deserve to as well, but lets wait next time to change the rules to avoid any "smashed toes"...R3Concepts.

Franky G
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
HiperEX - 87 265r got my vote cool looking bike:cool:

baker250r
12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I just got to say one thing.... yes, I entered mine into this.. yes, its far from winning. but all of us that are in this have --->few<--- of the nicest R's left... there isnt very many nice ones left. yes, raw had a little unfiar advantage... but thats how all contests go. im just happy to see all the nice 250r's on this site come out.

12-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Baker205r you are right on......

86350x
12-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Hard decision.

If rawdeal wins, will she pose in a bikini:confused:

I like chefs bike too, looks like it would really go. They all look really nice.

12-30-2005, 08:54 AM
If i win the original photo will be posted.

stevez400
12-30-2005, 11:39 AM
I voted for raws bike because it is very unique. How many girls bikes do you see out there that are that nice? I never saw the pic with the girl but over all I actually think raw had a disadvantage due to the color scheme of the bike. This forum is 99% men 1% women. Most men would look at it and go oh pink, pinks not my thing so its a POS. When I all actuallity its a sick bike. I bet ya if it was a different color it would be getting many more votes right now. This i the reason I hate these contests. One person is loseing so they get all pissed off and start a whole bunch of bull****. All of your quads are sick so let the nicest quad win!

jon370r
12-31-2005, 06:36 AM
After reading through all this discussion about the different opinions on what pictures should be used and what shouldn’t. I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents worth. If there were no rules in place that stated the uses of background props (beautiful women or others) was not allowed then more power to those who use all their resources within the rules to help them win. I agree that it should be limited to Quads only and the rules should be modified to reflect this but this was not a rule at the time.
I also think it would be a very good idea only to show the final tally after the voting has ended. Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”. It would also eliminate the bickering between contestants while the voting is still going on. We are all guys and all have great 250R’s which is a combination that adds up to not being used to coming in second but as a civilized society there is only one winner and the rest just have to deal with it.

Scro
12-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by jon370r
Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”.

You can't see the tallies until after you have already voted.

Rich250RRacer
12-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by jon370r
After reading through all this discussion about the different opinions on what pictures should be used and what shouldn’t. I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents worth. If there were no rules in place that stated the uses of background props (beautiful women or others) was not allowed then more power to those who use all their resources within the rules to help them win. I agree that it should be limited to Quads only and the rules should be modified to reflect this but this was not a rule at the time.
I also think it would be a very good idea only to show the final tally after the voting has ended. Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”. It would also eliminate the bickering between contestants while the voting is still going on. We are all guys and all have great 250R’s which is a combination that adds up to not being used to coming in second but as a civilized society there is only one winner and the rest just have to deal with it.

I was going to keep my mouth shut, and except for the post in which I said the pic should be photoshopped (which was all in fun), I have. But I don't believe he didn't think he would get more votes because of it. It's only common sense. Just because there wasn't a specific rule there previously doesn't make it right. There are some rules that just don't need to be stated, and if anybody doesn't understand this then they must be idiots. He was baiting the people to vote for his, just like he is now promising to repost the pic if he wins. I could offer to give mine away to whoever gives me the winning vote, that might turn the tables. Nah, that won't happen, but it felt good to vent.

TheFontMaster
12-31-2005, 11:34 AM
The contest ends late this afternoon. If you have a coment please keep it clean, and stop the arguing.

TheFontMaster
01-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Well this month's winner of the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is Rawdeal's 265r. Congrats on the win man, you have a PM.

TheLadiesMan
01-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Well this month's winner of the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is Rawdeal's 265r. Congrats on the win man, you have a PM.

congrats on the win!!!!

you had my vote.

all in all a good picture defently helps bring out the quad. girl or no girl. it is defently worthy of the win.

Clark-Z440
01-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Frame: Stock
A Arms: Janssen LT
Swingarm: Janssen LT +1.25
Steering Stem: Stock
Stbilizer: GWC
Axle: Dura Blue +4
Carrier: Rad
Locknut: Stock
Hubs F|R: Stock
Bars: TAG
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Motion pro
Grips: Tag
Nerfs: AC Pro Peg
Bumper: IMS
Grab Bar: Stock
Front Shocks: Elka LT
Rear Shock: Elka LT
Brake Lines: Stream Line
Rotors F|R: Stock
Rims F|R: Douglas
Tires F|R: ITP Holeshot MXR4

Body: Z-400

Plastic: Maier/Quadtech
Graphics|Seat Cover: N-Style
Number Backgrounds: N/A
Handguards: Acerbis
Bar Pad: Tag
Fuel Tank: Stock

Engine|Drive System: 400

Cylinder|Head: Stock/Ported
Bore & Stroke:
Displacement: 440
Carburetor: 39mm FCR
Air Filter|Box: Pro Design
Pipe|Silencer: Pro Circuit
Clutch|Plates: Barnett
Gearing F|R: 15/39
CDI|Killswitch: Pro Design
Cooling: Stock
Other: Dyna FS Ignition Box

Scro
01-09-2006, 07:07 AM
This months QOTM is over. Wait until the end of the month and there will be an entry thread for the February QOTM.

TheFontMaster
01-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
This months QOTM is over. Wait until the end of the month and there will be an entry thread for the February QOTM.

The Febuary entry thread starts the 17th.