PDA

View Full Version : How/Who could I get modify my bike to my height and weight?

Meghan Thompson
12-24-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm kinda short for my bike i'm about 5 6" or 5 7" and I don't weight much about 120 and I someone mentioned me getting it adjusted to my size how or who can i get it done?? :confused:

Older Pic Of my bike

theTman
12-24-2005, 07:02 PM
shave the seat foam, get the suspension valved

12-24-2005, 08:49 PM
ajust the preload. that will lower it a bit but will make the shock softer.

Built_300EX
12-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Ppl kept asking if i had my suspension set down all the way, but i wouldn't do it because everyone said it made to stiff and i couldn't land any jumps ! :cool:

hnnblehscnnble
12-25-2005, 04:06 PM
send your suspension to race tech and they will set it up for your weight and riding ability.wait cant doesnt your bf know how to set the sag?and yes maybe trimt he seat foam.and get a pipe and silencer for that thing.by the way sweet bike...for a chick...lol jk.

kyle

Honda TRX250ex
12-25-2005, 07:46 PM
thats a kick *** bike!

Cody_300ex
12-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
ajust the preload. that will lower it a bit but will make the shock softer.

No preload only controls the ride height. :rolleyes:

Honda TRX250ex
12-26-2005, 05:13 PM
cody, this kid blue450yo dont know to much about quads or bikes lol so i would just idgorne him.

Cody_300ex
12-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
cody, this kid blue450yo dont know to much about quads or bikes lol so i would just idgorne him.

Yea I know, I was clearing it up for her.

12-26-2005, 05:33 PM
um yes the preload does make your shocks feel softer or harder.

hnnblehscnnble
12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
blue450yo is now being IGNORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda TRX250ex
12-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by hnnblehscnnble
blue450yo is now being IGNORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for being retarted while "helping"

Honda TRX250ex
12-26-2005, 09:58 PM
i dont know to much about dirtbikes but smaller rims adjust your suspenion

hnnblehscnnble
12-26-2005, 10:34 PM
it would make ity sit lower but thats expensive route and pain in but.if you have owners manual it should tell you how to set sag or take it to a shop and tell them what you want.if you were near me i'd do it and well adhd wont alow me to explain it.lol.

kyle

Cody_300ex
12-27-2005, 01:03 AM
um yes the preload does make your shocks feel softer or harder.

Meghan please ignore this, he dosent quite know exactly what he's talking about. I sugget screwing the preload ring up until you like the ride higth.

Meghan Thompson
12-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
i dont know to much about dirtbikes but smaller rims adjust your suspenion

There isn't any way i'm going to get smaller rims on a dirtbike :huh
I'm probably going to put some extentsions on not too much but some, and the kid that said race tech was the best adive so far :p i could shave my seata lil but my graphics wouldn't look the same so if anything i'm already used to it as is until i get that new spring and extentions
:) but if you don't think that would be a good choice to take tell me i'd like to fidn out what could be better !

12-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Meghan please ignore this, he dosent quite know exactly what he's talking about. I sugget screwing the preload ring up until you like the ride higth.

ok then all u people go and take your quad or what ever u have take a jump with the shocks pre load set soft as it goes take a good sized jump and bottom out. then put the preload as hard as it goes and see what happens. heres a lil place that can help u people that dont know any thing about preload settings.
www.elkasuspension.com

put your pre load rings as far down as they go and then push down on the back end.
and then put the rings as far up as they go and see what happens. the shock gets harder and softer and the ride hight changes.

400exMO
12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
ok then all u people go and take your quad or what ever u have take a jump with the shocks pre load set soft as it goes take a good sized jump and bottom out. then put the preload as hard as it goes and see what happens. heres a lil place that can help u people that dont know any thing about preload settings.
www.elkasuspension.com

put your pre load rings as far down as they go and then push down on the back end.
and then put the rings as far up as they go and see what happens. the shock gets harder and softer and the ride hight changes.
Please ignore this as well.

12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
Please ignore this as well.

y

Fred55
12-28-2005, 07:01 AM
because its not right....derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

but for the dirtbike, i have seen some people actually cut an inch out of the subframe to lower the whole seat/fender. Also race tech susp would be the best as far as setting it up for weight also.

12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
well in dirt wheels sep 2004 it sis stuff about shocks.
heres one thing it sis.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR
remember that you use the spring's preload to set the ride hight.
springs preload also softens or stiffens your spring rate. if you find the ride hight that you want but your quad has excessive bottoming you should use a stiffer spring.

well their u have it its exact words from the mag. so looks like i was right the whole time which i knew.

12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
if u want to try to prove me wrong then e-mail elka and see what they say. their going to say what i sid.:rolleyes:

theTman
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
remember that you use the spring's preload to set the ride hight.
springs preload also softens or stiffens your spring rate. if you find the ride hight that you want but your quad has excessive bottoming you should use a stiffer spring.

wow...you copied that out of a mag and STILL spelled stuff wrong

Meghan Thompson
12-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by theTman
wow...you copied that out of a mag and STILL spelled stuff wrong

OK OK geez guys don't agure just help me :rolleyes: lol* it donesn't bother me but i don't like for people to agure over silly things so just drop it if someone is wrong leave it i know if they are wrong or not believe me i might be a girl but i know more than most about bike lol*
Thanks Anyways:)

Flynbryan19
12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I remember back in the day when RC had first gotten onto 125's(yeah I know I'm dating myself :o ) that they said that Chad Watts had dropped the forks in the clamps, shaved the seat foam, and had cut the subframe legs that mounted down to the frame to lower the seat height. This is a good mod, but be careful and do it alittle bit at a time. Most of the pros only lowered theirs CENTIMETERS, not inches. If you remove too much you'll put too much strain on your airboot to your carb and cause it to leak.

And guys, as many ignorant things as I've seen this blue450yo kid post, you need to cut him some slack. He IS right. On dirtbikes preload DOES adjust the tension of the shocks harder and softer because there is no ssd or zps system on dirtbikes. Just straight spring rates. Thats why its so important to setup your race sag correctly on a dirtbike. It makes a BIG difference. Your preload is your base setting, then your compression and rebound settings are base off of this. Preload on a dirtbike DOES affect the suspension action.