PDA

View Full Version : Places to ride in Louisiana?

Hondaman90
12-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Do you guys know if there is any places to ride in Louisiana? I've been to three different places and I was wondering if there were any good ones ya'll know about. Thanks

smithZ
12-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Hondaman, Im in the same boat as you. I live in shreveport, very
little places to ride. Gonna ride monday. Dont know where!

Hondaman90
12-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Yep, I'm goin on Wednesday. The place is called the Bonne Carre Spillway or something like that.

CHEVYZ
12-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Don't know of too many good ones either. I live not too far up the road from the spillway. It is a pretty fun place. Have you ever gone before? Tried to go there yesterday, but it was way too muddy, so, I did a little riding and went home. The only kind of bad thing about it, if you haven't gone already, is that on the little " Track areas" with the jumps and what-not, there is usually water around it.

My cousin's friend came along and being that he wasn't completely used to the bike yet went into the water. He was cool though, wasn't really bummed at all. Got back rolling again about a week later.
Anyways, I will be going to Sicily Island ( I believe it is called) in about a week, leaving this Friday. Hope to have alot of fun.

Hondaman90
12-26-2005, 09:33 PM
I have been to the spillway about 3 or 4 times. I think it is a nice place to ride too. I'm goin to go riding there on Thursday. Hope its not muddy. I have also been to a place on Sicily Island. It was called Catahoula Recreation. It's the best place I've ever been! Here is the website:

http://www.atvdirtbikerecreation.com/

CHEVYZ
12-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Yep, that is it. Thanks a lot for telling me that you had a great time, really has me excited. I was recommended there by my buddy, so, I figure that is where I will go this time around. There is sooo much stuff to do out there, I don't know which seems most fun.

The only other place that I have ever been to is L.A. dunes..... I personally had alot of fun. Too bad I won't see you out there Thursday, I am going to be getting ready, and well, with paddles on my 400EX, I don't think it would be too good of an idea.
:D

Hondaman90
12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I went to the spillway today. I had an awsome time. wasen't muddy at all.

race-a-holic
12-30-2005, 08:15 AM
I've been to Sicily Island.If you like drag racing,then you'll like it.Great track.They do have some trails.To me the trails aren't all that great.Pretty short.At least the ones I went on.Might be some good ones I didn't try.Not a huge park,but at least it's a place to ride.They are having a race in March.It's called THE CLASH OF THE TITAN.

12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Hondaman90
Yep, I'm goin on Wednesday. The place is called the Bonne Carre Spillway or something like that.

Yes that is where i ride nice place when not flooded!

12-30-2005, 12:08 PM
As much as I would love to go to Sicily Island i can't is 200 miles away and 3 hour ride and im not up for that.

The spillway is really nice tho

GtrGrl
12-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Another place that is having races is Gatorland MX Park ... website is http://gatorlandmxpark.com I believe... nice track for those who like to ride on tracks.

dodgepower
01-15-2006, 05:39 AM
South mississippi has red creek off road if just into trail riding.

zeppelin
01-15-2006, 08:09 AM
if yall like tracks check this out http://www.mxrevelation.com/index2.htm it has a list of almost all the tracks in La

01-16-2006, 08:35 AM
any of yall live near river ridge or harahan??? we need to ride maybe next weekend...(spillway)