PDA

View Full Version : prob with swingarm

300ex mxracer
12-23-2005, 08:59 PM
i was riding today and my swingarm broke. i was only in second ear just putting around and it broke all the way on the bottom and about halfway on top rite where the round part goes into the square tubing. chain came off the rear sprocket, wrapped up around th front sprocket and cracked the case-not leaking any oil as far as i can tell- cant get the chain out. can i weld something on here or what? i race alot of mx so im guessin thats why the swinger broke. should i try to find an aftermarket one or buy a stock one off of ebay and try to reinforce it?ill post some pics 2morrow.

tractorpacker
12-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I have wadded my chain on a 300ex. It broke the case, also. There is a small void, that is above the sproket, that is closed off in the cases. It doesn't have oil, or any parts in it ther. If doesn't leak, I wouldn't take it apart, just leave it. There is a tranny gear inside, that slings oil all around, so if no oil comes out, mud and water will stay out.

I have a stock 300ex swing arm, if you are interested. I don't know what its worth, but don't need it.

300ex mxracer
12-24-2005, 01:18 PM
what shape is the swingarm in? can you post some pics? how much? it cracked the case but it aint leaking anything out and i got the crack lined up i think ill have the machine shop weld to back together. i figured that the swingarm broke first on the bottom and then let the chain off the sprocket.