PDA

View Full Version : 400ex pull bar

$$$moneyex
06-30-2002, 08:35 PM
hey doees anyone know how to put on a pull bar for a 400. do u have to cut off the old one. and does prm pull bars come with everything you need to put it on or do u need to buy like a clamp kit or summin

4HUN
06-30-2002, 11:56 PM
The PRM comes with a kit, well its an extra 10. But you still have to cut off your old one and get some the tabs welded onto you existing subframe. All the kit is some pieces of metal with 2 holes in them and some nuts and bolts.

07-01-2002, 06:50 AM
No, you do not need to cut off your existing grab bar. I have the PRM baja grab and I didn't want to lose any structural integrity by cutting off the original. Just weld the supplied tabs on your original grab bar (above or below)and bolt the new one on. Be careful you do not weld them too far up or down the bar so the nuts will go on. I mounted them below and used the running light tabs to weld to and give it more strength.

4HUN
07-01-2002, 07:57 AM
if you did that wouldnt the bar stick out too far?? Also wouldnt it look kind of strange with two bars??

07-01-2002, 04:19 PM
I used the extra length to mount a maier pack on it. Yeah, you would see both bars, just saying you dont have to cut it to mount it. :)