PDA

View Full Version : 250r vs 450s in flattrack tt ??

georgedoggy
12-23-2005, 04:39 PM
i will be racing flattrack tt next year, how do the 250rs go against the new 450's ? i have a 300cc duncan powervalve and am racing in open class. i know i can win in chassis and handling but what about speed? thanks

TheIceMan
12-23-2005, 05:16 PM
There are too many variables involved to pick a clear winner of the two.Track conditions,rider ability,bike setup..gearing....etc.
Anyhow,if your duncan motor and bike are dialed in primo,you should do just fine.
What gearing you running with that setup?
Also,what open class are you running?

georgedoggy
12-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by TheIceMan
There are too many variables involved to pick a clear winner of the two.Track conditions,rider ability,bike setup..gearing....etc.
Anyhow,if your duncan motor and bike are dialed in primo,you should do just fine.
What gearing you running with that setup?
Also,what open class are you running?

thanks iceman, doing supermotard and flattrack, running hoosier type tyres, swaybar with mx height etc for motard and lower kit for flattrack.
i just wanted to know if i could be competitive as especially with flattrack its about hp. im racing against 450's and banshees in an over 30 open class

nacs400ex
12-24-2005, 07:57 AM
By the sounds of it. Your setup will perform. Now i'd say the only thing that could hold you back is, definetly not racing the 450s and banshee's but the rider skill.