PDA

View Full Version : How many times to the E.R?

414exredneck
12-23-2005, 12:29 PM
This thread is to share you're visits to the E.R, or, atleast needed to. I have split my head open 5 times in the same spot.(dirrectly over top of the nose), broke my left thumb twice, and my right thumb once. I hit my left fore-arm with a metal grinder. And, last, My right arm got ran over by a bush hog. (it's like a mower, but bigger and you hook it to the back of a tractor and it's used for mowng high weeds and small trees)

Mxjunkie
12-23-2005, 12:38 PM
10 times atleast maybe more

knocked out 3 times, broke my wrist 2 times, fracture my wrist R-2 L-1, Shattered my knee at flying dutchmen and had to get surgery, Broke my tail bone, broken my ring and middle finger at the same time, Fractured where my thumb and wrist meet

bleh I need to slow down

standardryder
12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
had to have sergery on my ears 3 times, sliced my finger open (stitches), got a boomerang stuck in my head and smashed the back of my head open on a coffee table (both stitches), broke my wrist, and when i got lime disease i had to go the ER 2 or 3 times.

Scro
12-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Only been to the emergency room twice. Once was when I was 6, I was hammering something, I went back to hit it hard, and the claw racked the top of my head. No stitches - but lots of blood.

Then about 2 years ago, I got mad and punched a window. Cut my thumb off and had to have three surgeries to fix it. They actually took skin from my wrist to cover the space. HAHA - I had wrist hair growing out of my thumb, it was hilarious!

But other than those two occasions, I have never had a broken bone (knock on wood)

MotoX3
12-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Only two times would be this year and last for football injuries. First time I dislocated my hip and bruised the muscle and this year I severely bruised the tip of my femur(basically broke it) by dislocating it a few times.

400grl
12-23-2005, 02:19 PM
ER?? Not as many as I should have....I usually tend to wait it out, then find out I broke stuff way later!

1st time, I slipped and fell by the pool and split my head open - blood everywhere and a ton of stitches.....I was 6.

2nd time....I had gotten bucked off a horse one too many times trying to break it of a bad habit - full exrays - nothing broken, but they found out I had cracked my sternum years before that in a gymnastics accident. I had never gone to the hospital for that one.

Then......in college, I smashed my left thumb between two dumbells while doing aerobics.....it crushed my thumb bone into mush and split my thumb from the inside out. That was painful.

I should have gone when I was backpacking in the Sierra's for two weeks - we hiked the Rubicon......I was scaling down a cliff when someone above me knocked a big rock off and it smashed my left hand - split it wide open to the bone and blood everywhere......I had to hike with it held together with butterflies for a week - too late to get stitches when I got home.

I shot myself in the stomach with a nail gun in high school accidentally - that was interesting. Had to get checked out and get a shot.

Had two babies - regular hospital.

Went to ER with a fullblown case of pnemonia - that really SUCKED!!!

Had surgery on my neck where they had to get in behind my thyroid gland to remove 3 overractive parathyroid glands......regular hospital though.

New boobs - regular hospital - that was actually fun.

Broke my left hand, broke my left thumb (twice more) in quad accidents......a bone in my right knuckle......found out i had chipped some vertibrea in my neck a long time ago when I had x-rays taken for something else.......

Hmmmm....I know I'm missing stuff.....hahahahhaahha....oh well!

stc416rider
12-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
ER?? Not as many as I should have....I usually tend to wait it out, then find out I broke stuff way later!

1st time, I slipped and fell by the pool and split my head open - blood everywhere and a ton of stitches.....I was 6.

2nd time....I had gotten bucked off a horse one too many times trying to break it of a bad habit - full exrays - nothing broken, but they found out I had cracked my sternum years before that in a gymnastics accident. I had never gone to the hospital for that one.

Then......in college, I smashed my left thumb between two dumbells while doing aerobics.....it crushed my thumb bone into mush and split my thumb from the inside out. That was painful.

I should have gone when I was backpacking in the Sierra's for two weeks - we hiked the Rubicon......I was scaling down a cliff when someone above me knocked a big rock off and it smashed my left hand - split it wide open to the bone and blood everywhere......I had to hike with it held together with butterflies for a week - too late to get stitches when I got home.

I shot myself in the stomach with a nail gun in high school accidentally - that was interesting. Had to get checked out and get a shot.

Had two babies - regular hospital.

Went to ER with a fullblown case of pnemonia - that really SUCKED!!!

Had surgery on my neck where they had to get in behind my thyroid gland to remove 3 overractive parathyroid glands......regular hospital though.

New boobs - regular hospital - that was actually fun.

Broke my left hand, broke my left thumb (twice more) in quad accidents......a bone in my right knuckle......found out i had chipped some vertibrea in my neck a long time ago when I had x-rays taken for something else.......

Hmmmm....I know I'm missing stuff.....hahahahhaahha....oh well!

new boobs huh

theTman
12-23-2005, 02:32 PM
had a hernia when i was little

hit by a car

crashed my quad

hurt my ankles a few to many times

thought i had apendisidus (sp)

broke my finger when i was little

got 3rd degree burns when i was little...then the next day i split my head open from jumping on the couch..fell off right into the corner of a coffee table

prolly more im forgettting

Titanium
12-23-2005, 02:37 PM
i've gotten knocked out twice, dislocated my shoulder, cracked my head open, knocked a tooth out but it was a moler(sp), i've cracked my elbow bone or w.e its called, i got 37 stiches from a 3 wheeler accident, i go 20 stiches in my side from falling off the back of a truck when i was like 10, i got a concusion a couple days ago, i slammed my finger in my locker at school and literally was spurting blood all over the place, i dislocated my shoulder again ridin 4 wheelers down at little sahara, i got 17 stiches in my leg from gettin ran over by a lawn mower, and theres more jus way to much to list lol.

dangle
12-23-2005, 02:38 PM
If were talkin lifetime... then well into the 20's... bout 5 times this year...

Mike

Honda TRX250ex
12-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by stc416rider
new boobs huh
:devil: :devil: :devil:

12-23-2005, 05:54 PM
6-7 times. By far my worst experience was when I got got my bottom teeth knocked out and my rip lipped off. Me and some of my hockey teamates were messing around after practice, and we didn't have helmets on ( we were basicly just standing by the boards) and I was ready to go to the locker room. I went to skate across the ice and right then a kid on my team was winding up for a slapshot. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It caught me in the mouth, knocked out 6 bottom teeth and damn near ripped off my lip. I had to get 47 stitches in my lip to hold it on. That was fun. I have caps now on my bottom front teeth.

300exr
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
3 Times
1- two broken ankles by getting over my head on a yz125, cased a big double on the frame
2-Looking behind me at my friend and clipped a tree which snapped a bone in my hand
3- over shot a double and landed awkward(300ex w/ stock shocks) and that gave me a broken arm

4oorider
12-23-2005, 08:14 PM
1 time

snapped forearm in half, both bones, not a pretty sight

ZeroLogic
12-23-2005, 09:34 PM
a few times my worst was a wicked 3 degree sunburn on my neck chest sholders back parts of my face

it was a mess and sucked

DaleJrFan
12-23-2005, 09:37 PM
4 or 5 times, none quad related though.

I am surprised there are not any "beans and franks" accidents reported here-lol!

Honda TRX250ex
12-24-2005, 08:29 AM
like 6-7 time none from my quad thou mostly from my bike and my stupidty

HondaEXrider22
12-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Broke my middle and ring finers, cut my leg with a chainsaw, got hit in the face/eye with a stick on the quad.

ugottabayou
12-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Probably just 4-5 times. I'm not gonna list them all but the craziest time i went was because i got ran over by an airplane.