PDA

View Full Version : new elka rear or stock rebuild w/SSD???

eldoexrider01
06-30-2002, 07:41 PM
is it worth it to get the rear elka shock with SSD or better to get the stock one rebuilt with self sagging device (SSD) new rear spring and oil.????? I am getting elka tripple rate SSD fronts also if that helps.

cdalejef
06-30-2002, 07:53 PM
If you are a really aggressive rider or racer then get the Elka if you are a play rider or an amature racer then the rebuild will work great for ya.

PoopOna400EX
07-01-2002, 01:51 PM
I got the rebuild from QuadShop, I like it alot. I'm not a hardcore racer, but I do hit some decent sized MX jumps and it has made a big difference for me.

Good luck,
Jason

Dave400ex
07-01-2002, 02:18 PM
The 400ex has a very Good Stock Rear Shock. I will be Rebuilding mine. Unless you Race all the Time I would save the Money and get a Rebuild.

racerx573
07-02-2002, 10:22 AM
My buddy got his stock rebuilt by Axis, and eventually upgraded to an Axis shock. He said there wasn't too much difference. He is an A class racer. (He's now buildin a Walsh 450F). It all depends on your budget and if you plan on racing for a long time. If you plan on racing for a while. I would go straight to the real deal. Thats what I did. (I got an Elka rear too). You will like it!!!! :) (I ride a 250R)

Nausty
07-03-2002, 12:40 AM
I say get the rebuild and put the extra money towards the motor. I am a hardcore mx'er and do some pretty large jumps and i am really liking the rebuild and am glad I payed half of what a new rear shock.