PDA

View Full Version : clunkin noise when on a hill / counter shaft question

250x_Case
12-23-2005, 05:35 AM
well the past few times i rode my bike it feels like when i go up hills it struggles and it makes a clunkin sound. other then hills it sounds normal, i even ripped my cuzins worked blaster so im not 100% sure the motor is goin. what could it be??

also i just got my hands a on a very Clean 250X same year and everything as the one i own. now the only thing wrong with the bike is the counter shaft is striped. i got a price of 100 for the part but how hard would this be to install..

rooster300ex
12-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 250x_Case
well the past few times i rode my bike it feels like when i go up hills it struggles and it makes a clunkin sound. other then hills it sounds normal, i even ripped my cuzins worked blaster so im not 100% sure the motor is goin. what could it be??

also i just got my hands a on a very Clean 250X same year and everything as the one i own. now the only thing wrong with the bike is the counter shaft is striped. i got a price of 100 for the part but how hard would this be to install..

Maybe your not in the right gear, or if u got a high compression piston it will do that with to low of octane fuel, and for your 2nd question, i guess your talking about the balancer gear, to replace that u gotta crack into the cases, i've been running without a balancer for a long time in my 300ex(same engine pretty much). My crankshaft had a bur on the gears and it made it knock with the balancer in there, so they took it out, vibrates more and he said you might have premature wear of your main bearings.

I'm sure somebody will say i'm wrong!

250x_Case
12-23-2005, 08:57 PM
the thing is when i put it into any gear the shaft just spins, for now im thinkin about spot welding it then replace it later on down the road..

as for the octane thing i know the owner be4 me used 115oct.. i use 94, which he said should be about right for whats done to the bike..

kicken250x
12-25-2005, 08:12 PM
if you have no mechanical abilities, or they are very limited i wouldnt recomend trying it. i striped mine twice, and buddies have striped then many times. i think ive changed about 5 now. just know its the VERY LAST part that comes out of the motor and when i say the last i mean the LAST. you wind up with a big pile of parts standing there scratching your head saying "dang i hope this thing runs when im done" even after you know every torque spec and every part by name and what kind of metal its made out of. its a lot of fun

Joe400ex
12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
??