PDA

View Full Version : kickstart on 450er

RAFFERTY NEWMAN
12-23-2005, 03:03 AM
hi there everybody

i have two questions i was wondering if anybody on here has tried or can help me out with.

1. does anyone know if you can fit the kickstart on to an electric start 450r much like the gytr kickstart on a yfz so you have it as a back up.
if you can what parts are required.

2. as the new 450r has the same bore and stroke as a crf do you know if a crf high compression piston will work in the trx i know obviously it will fit the bore but are the holes the same size on the piston and conrod?

thanks for any help
if nobody knows then i will order the parts in and try it out and post my results.

12-23-2005, 03:34 AM
no. the estart 450r's are not made to be able to take a kickstarter. you are stuck with what you got sorry

KRMit
12-23-2005, 07:12 AM
You can get the kickstart version and add the aftermarket starter, but it's kinda bulky and in the way.

Scro
12-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by KRMit
You can get the kickstart version and add the aftermarket starter, but it's kinda bulky and in the way.

And sounds like a rapped ape when you use it...lol

speedfreaksguy
12-23-2005, 11:39 AM
I know Mark Baldwin is converting the E-start models to kick start. I don't think the battery or e-start is retained, it will be kick start only. One of my friends just dropped his 06 there last week. I don't know the price, but I bet its expen$ive..